COLLEGE club caters to Witnesses

by DannyHaszard 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Religious club caters to Witnesses COMMENT
    Beacon Newspaper (subscription), FL - 1 5 minutes ago
    Club members provide any student who is interested in becoming a Jehovah's Witness with home Bible studies, free of charge. These individual lessons teach ...
    http://media.www.beaconnewspaper.com/media/storage/paper540/news/2007/10/08/AtTheBay/Religious.Club.Caters.To.Witnesses-3018243.shtml

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4f9ygxDbk Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses senior leader condemns higher education hear it from his own mouth. Watchtower contempt for higher education http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/136879/1.ashx This is from Saturday afternoon program. The speaker first starts with what he called the "alphabet soup" of degrees....A.A., B.A., M.A., Ph.D., etc.; he said they were nothing more than "sheepskins on the wall." One of his closing comments was that at Armageddon, educated people will be able to add a few more letters after their names...D.E.A.D. ....ah...yes, everyone laughed and clapped. How very Christian. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/133804/1.ashx JWD Barbara Anderson
    "A MIND is a TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE"

Yes,indeed anyone (USA), my age (49) grew up with this TV ad slogan from the:United Negro college fund.

It drives home the point how much normal worldly people appreciate the value of higher education.

By the same degree that non-JW's promote a college degree the Watchtower cult has despised it.

To the Watchtower defender:

Show us "proof" in their own publications of the Watchtower encouraging higher education

Yes,the Watchtower cult wants their followers to be uneducated passive dumb sheep,they denounce worldly and "independent thinking" at every church service.
    Just like they are rabid against the free flow of information on the Internet (like I'm posting right now) they don't want their followers to be 'enlightened' by higher education.

In 1984 a 19 y.o. publisher from the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses was granted 'exemption' from the elders to attend a 2 year stint at the New England school of broadcasting.

I can remember this clearly and there was even a service meeting talk on how exceptions could be made in this 'special case' because the boy's unbelieving worldly father demanded it.

Anyone who has been a JW for decades like myself knows that college education was a defiant act which surely would get you sanctioned by the congregation.
    We had a popular slogan called the "13 year plan" which was 12 years of public school which could include the vocational 'trade' schools,then one year of regular pioneering THEN you could get married.

Anyone who didn't abide by theses rules was less than exemplary.
    "Less than exemplary" was a code word for congregation sluggard.

Now that the Watchtower is in dire straits for cheating millions of followers out of higher education with the "deliverance is at hand" slogan (still the 2006 district convention theme) the Watchtower is using apologist to discredit old timers who have been there.

Worldly secular statistics show the UU Unitarian universalism church as the most educated at 55% of members with a college degree and the Jehovah's Witnesses at 5%. The Watchtower NOW has lessened up the restrictions as the 'new system' is on hold and the younger JW generation won't tolerate the janitorial jobs of their parents.

Although they have recently changed their policy so that at least a technical education is now seen as appropriate, the vast majority of Witnesses still have a high school education or less, and any change in their education level will take years before it has any effect on the Society. Only 4.7 percent have been to college compared to over 49.5 percent for Unitarians 46.7 for Jews and 39.3 percent for Episcopalians (Kosmin and Lackman, 1993).

This DUMB DUB phenomena is consistent with the destructive cult practice of "Milieu Control" to keep it's members dumb 'barefoot N pregnant'

In 33 years of active Jehovah's Witnesses contacts 1957-1992 among thousands of members,I found a college education is probably slightly less common than a military record.

Remember that JW's totally shun military service,so anyone who had been in the army (same with college) would have been an adult new recruit and not 'born in' like me.

-------- Below-this post shows how the Worldly general population knows about JW's and education http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070417.wsextuplets0417/BNStory/National/home Brian Martin from Georgetown, Canada writes, "I feel for the family and I support the Jw's as I have taken the time out to learn the truth and I can support the parents knowing that their sacrifce to their creator is great."

I sat through a JW service at my Brother-in-law's baptism and believe me it was all I could do to sit quietly watching it. What you call truth I would call forced ignorance and brainwashing. They paraded a whole slew of young people up on stage to tell their stories of how they were going to University but dropped out because a University education was taking them away from God and their faith. Well no kidding! Education will move you away from mystical beliefs and ignorance is the province of religion. Independent thought is seldom welcomed in any organized religion and certainly not the fundamentalist religions (such as the one I was indoctrinated in until I went to University).
    • Posted 18/04/07 at 12:50 PM EDT
    --------------------------- crooked cult crooked teeth NONE of the large Haszard clan of 4 generations of JW's have a degree,google the Haszard name and we find my worldly family doing well all over the world. Being childless for the Kingdom I could have put my baby sister or brother to medical school for what I gave the Watchtower WWF. NOW I am helping my longtime 46 year old worldly girlfriend get her Masters,I always dreamed of getting a coed and they said:
    "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things … .all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due toend in a few years… as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.
    If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone"!
    -- Awake, 5/22/1969, pg15
  • Gopher
    Gopher

This is really strange. "Students who are Jehovah's Witnesses?" "Recruiting for the club". I hope some non-JW students join just to inject a dose of reality into this group.

Doesn't this kind of club go directly against the September 2007 "Question Box" article in Our Kingdom Ministry, the one that said independent study groups shouldn't meet regularly? Shouldn't JW's get all their association and spiritual information right at the meetings themselves?

And as you mentioned, JW's are resoundingly discouraged from going to college anyway. This all strikes me as very very strange.

• karvel
    karvel

LOLZ! at the risk of outing myself, I attend FIU and I have seen their pathetic table prominently featuring the equally pathetic Creation book. i kinda felt sorry for them.

construction management -- what a useful field for work in Jehovah's service. i wonder what the other 9 are majoring in.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    construction management -- what a useful field for work in Jehovah's service. i wonder what the other 9 are majoring in.

Window sanitation engineering?

Marketing - possibly, any thing having to do with science - not very likely.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

What the........!!!!!!! My head is about to explode with confusion! Be worldly, don't be worldly, How can a college allow cult recruitment?! I just don't get it. HYPOCRITES!!!!!

Now that i've calmed down. Can anyone send this paper Hazzards response?

• wizardca
    wizardca

The club recruits members through tabling, which is set up in the Wolfe University Center at various times during the week. Students can pick up information on the religion and the club as well as talk to club members.

LOL go to class count the time. nice.

• yknot
    yknot

Let me explain....

Born-ins.......need to be kept uneducated and in FS, scared that dippy 2 Psych classes might untangle programing. Also increase in the standard of living might ruin their dedication to servitude, increasing the chances of them doing FS less and less to pursue some finer things like family vactions, eating at finer resturants, or getting to go to the movies more then once a year. SO NO COLLEGE

Converts......college good, will donate more money, give the mainstream face of future Awakes, feel superior because the "found" the "truth", future professional bethel volunteers, while social climbing the ladder of the WTB will become indoctrinated and realize how the barely escaped "the world".

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Let me explain....

Born-ins.......need to be kept uneducated and in FS, scared that dippy 2 Psych classes might untangle programing. Also increase in the standard of living might ruin their dedication to servitude, increasing the chances of them doing FS less and less to pursue some finer things like family vactions, eating at finer resturants, or getting to go to the movies more then once a year. SO NO COLLEGE

Converts......college good, will donate more money, give the mainstream face of future Awakes, feel superior because the "found" the "truth", future professional bethel volunteers, while social climbing the ladder of the WTB will become indoctrinated and realize how the barely escaped "the world".

I could not have explained it all any better myself,the Watchtower cult is exactly just like all the other cults (sc*ien*tol*gy) that want to keep their worker bees 'barefoot & pregnant' and the queen bees fed on Watchtower 'royal jelly'

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The club recruits members through tabling, which is set up in the Wolfe University Center at various times during the week. Students can pick up information on the religion and the club as well as talk to club members.

LOL go to class count the time. nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit