Weird Stuff Eaten?

by Outaservice 36 Replies latest jw friends

• tula
    tula

Sweetbreads.

I thought it would be like...I dunno, like my homemade breads I make special...bananna bread, mango bread, chocolate bread. For some reason I had an idea it would be a sampling of different breads. But it wasn't........

alt

• horrible life
    horrible life

tula, I couldn't go there.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Anything cooked by Mrs. Eagle, j/k.

I've had ostrich meat in chili, but the recipe for the chili was so bad that any type of meat cooked into it would have tasted awful. I've also eaten squirrel which wasn't terrible but I wouldn't repeat the experience.

When I was a younger and my mom would cook something for the first time that my dad didn't care for he would eat all he was served and then say, "Well, we've had that." Which was an unspoken, "And we should never have it again."

• horrible life
    horrible life

LOL Priceless

When I cook something new, I ask my husband if he liked it. "Yes" Do you want to have it again, next week? "No" I understand.

• Watkins
    Watkins

We were invited to dinner one time at some friend's ----- they served ground hog. They'd floured and fried the pieces, then oven-baked it in gravy till done. I felt like Mrs. Drysdale on the Beverly Hillbillies ------ "Oh! Milburne!" and nearly fainted! Anyway, not wanting to be rude, I tried it. Not bad, all dark meat reminiscent of a tough cut of beef, and kind of greasy for such a small critter. I've eaten venison on several occasions - best cooked in tomato juice to rid it of that 'wild taste' - but duh, it's a wild animal! Tried fried rabbit once ---- they called it 'city chicken' but I don't know why --- maybe the cut pieces look like chicken pieces? Dunno, but I could easily be a vegetarian if that's all that was on the menu! Pass the bean sprouts, please!

Those chocolate-covered ants reminded me ---- My Dad worked in an office and his secretary was always good-heartedly snatching candy off his desk. He found these individually wrapped chocolate-covered insects and displayed the box, hiding the lid that told what was in them. There were baby grashoppers, bees, ants - I don't remember them all now. So his secretary sampled several - then Dad turned the box lid up so she'd see it ---- he cracked-up as he watched her face turn green while she read the ingredients! She made a fast trip to the ladies room to barf, poor girl! Lolol. Dad was a real jokster all right, and his secretary left his candy alone after that - haha!

watkins

• noni1974
    noni1974

I've had shark meat.

And my Mom ate my pet turtle.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Curried monitor lizard, BBQ'd python, and dog.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Exotic cuisine:

Squid Octopus Eel Rattlesnake German Shepherd (hey, I have some Vietnamese friends:) Monkey

Hillbilly fare:

Poke Salit (salad) Black Bear Ramps (a wild onion) Possum Chitlins' Pig Feet Pig Brains

• DocBob
    DocBob

Ostrich, Alligator and most recently Haggis (getting into my Scottish roots)

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Pickled cows tongue. IT was delicious

Ewwww.... my aunt loves tongue too....only not pickled...sliced like deli meat. the thought of it makes me want to hurl....I can't eat anything that can taste me back while I'm eating it....food that is...for anyone who might take that the wrong way.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit