Insects on the ark?

by keyser soze 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Some people in my brother's and sister-in-law's cong are putting on a play about Noah's ark, and want all the children in the hall to participate, including my nieces and nephew.

They're really going all out with this, costumes, face paint, etc. I see a Tony award in the future! My six-year-old niece is playing the dove, my three-year-old nephew is playing a tiger, and my five-year-old niece is playing a bee.

Normally, I remain silent when they are discussing their absurd beliefs. I don't want to rock the boat, seeing as they are the only family members with whom I still have a relationship. But upon hearing this I felt the need to debate with my SIL about the credibility of such a thing. As if the whole flood story weren't ludicrous enough when it involved only animals. Now I'm to believe that, along with collecting two of every species of animal, and building an ark big enough to house them all, God then had Noah out in the field scooping up insects. Is it me, or would there have to have been a more efficient way for God to destroy humanity, one that didn't involve putting such an enormous burden on an elderly man?

• Clam
    Clam

Good point Keyser. I always used to wonder why Jehovah had to make such a bloody mess when sorting out the wheat from the chaff.

A flood not only sounds like overkill but why didn't other people who had boats also survive?

It's the same with Armageddon. Jehovah trashes everything back into the stone age and the birds and surviving Dubs have to clear it all up. You'd think a creator of this skill and magnitude would have somthing a bit more efficient up his sleeve. JCanon was saying recently that at the big A the damned will walk into the open in a trance and be killed, thus making everything a bit tidier. Goes to show that he's got more imagination than his god.

As for insects, well half of all described species are insects. In fact there are over 300,000 known beetle types. No doubt they were all on the Ark, although I bet he didn't let any wood termites on.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Wow! Doing something fun for the kids? Now THAT'S a new concept!

I was always told that water animals and insects did not need to be brought into the ark. They were able

to survive through the flood.

My inner "jury" is still out on the whole flood thing. There's an awful lot of scientific evidence to substantiate

a great flood (although not world wide). Noah and his ark, however, is a little farfetched, but as with all myths

there's a little truth hidden somewhere there and a lesson to learn in the STORY.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

LOL, how much you wanna bet they'll all get counselled for putting on this "play"? That's the really amusing part!

• tula
    tula

In that day the LORD will whistle for the fly that is in the remotest part of the rivers of Egypt and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.

Isiah 7:18

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

hmm, insects on the Ark.

I think flies definitely, and fleas would be a good bet too.

RD

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I think flies definitely, and fleas would be a good bet too.

LOL! Touche, RollerDave.

• eclipse
    eclipse

If one angel can kill 40,000 (or is it 80,000?) in one night,

surely God himself can blink like a genie and kill off humanity selectively.

Why does he seem to always use natural disastors to do the killing off of humans?

....a vulcano (raining fire and sulphur) for sodom and gomorrah...

....a huge flood (which I agree did happen, just not on a global scale),

....plagues of insects / hail / disease / frogs (lol)....earthquakes, storms for armegeddon....

do I see a pattern here?

Noah must of also brought on all the parasitical insects and larvae as well as poisonous scorpions, snakes, amphibians, lizards, komodo dragons, crocodiles, alligators, hippos (more dangerous than crocs)

Those komodo dragons are as old as the dinosaurs, so Noah HAD to have brought those on the ark!)

Don't forget the PENGUINS! lol they walked all the way from the south africa (I'm guessing)...how did they get to the south pole again?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

If one angel can kill 40,000 (or is it 80,000?) in one night,

surely God himself can blink like a genie and kill off humanity selectively.

Actually, one of them killed 185.000 in one night. Back in Noah's day, there probably weren't even that many people living on the entire globe (if we go by the Bible)?

Why does he seem to always use natural disastors to do the killing off of humans?

....a huge flood (which I agree did happen, just not on a global scale),

-Remember he had already created this huge canopy of water vapor (or ice) around the earth. He had to use it for something...

• White Dove
    White Dove

What about the carivors or insectasaurases? How did Noah feed them and keep them from eating each other?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit