Insects on the ark?

by keyser soze 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eclipse
    eclipse

Thanks for the clarification, awakened...I was too lazy to do my bible homework.

The water canopy is just heavy cloud cover...

sorry, clouds don't cut it for holding enough water to flood the entire globe,

especially since the flood would of had to cover Mt. Ararat which has an elevation of 16,854 ft.

Cloud cover would not hold enough water to add up to even17,000 ft of global water.

And the mixing of salt and fresh rain water...

All salt water fish would die....

Sorry, my mind wandered there for a minute....

Too many scientifically sound reasons why a global flood is impossible....

• tula
    tula

geyser, I think it would be cute for her to play a bug. It may be one of the few good memories she can one day look back on and actually say she had some "fun".

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Some people in my brother's and sister-in-law's cong are putting on a play about Noah's ark,

Just out of curiosity, are they doing this on the stage at the Kingdom Hall?

• blondie
    blondie

Not a mention of insects and the flood on the WT=CD. Googling this info brings up several atheist and creationist sites trying to answer this perplexing question.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Apparently, Jah thought fleas, flies & mosquitoes were the perfect 'reward' for the 8 lucky survivors on the Ark and their descendants. What other bugs have done more damage and caused more misery to mankind.

Don't even ask me about Fire Ants !

Rabbit <---Lucky there was 2 of us tho' !

• JWActivist
    JWActivist

The lesson I get from the story is: when people don't do what you want them to do it is ok to go about drowning them, and anyone related to them, their pets, their homes, their children, all of their relatives, make the eRTH a wasteland, and destroy even things that I made. anyone else get a different lesson from this story?

• VM44
    VM44

What I want to know is how Noah found the time to collect all the pairs of fresh water fish that were to survive the Flood? It would be a little difficult for them to leave their lakes and come to Noah!

And where did Noah keep them in the ark? And how did he keep the water fresh? Anyone who has had an aquarium knows the amount of work involved just to keep a home aquarium going, but imagine maintaining a sufficient number of aquariums to keep every kind of fresh water fish alive for a whole year!

And after the flood, did Noah spend time relocating the fish to fresh water lakes? That would involve extensive travel, but the Bible doesn't mention this post-Flood work at all. Basically, Noah and his family just left the ark after its door was opened.

Did the author of the Flood story really intend it to be taken literally?

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit