letter from my MOM(response to COC)

by purplesofa 56 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

hey leslie

i know its hard to deal with brainwashed parents, my family only corresponds to my baby son..... they will write letters to him care of me.......... and of course they try to send stupid articles which i trash.

after the first one i knew it wasnt worth my effort to get pissed at them. my dad has never seen his one and only grandson....... mom came to see him born...... with my sister......... and another witless who was NOT invited. (they called from half way to me telling me she was with them...... and i didnt tell them to turn around)

im content to leave them to the org cause ive said my piece and i wont be bullied....... so mom trys to start something before she goes back home and i just told her as kindly as i could that she was in a wrong religion and that if she would find a real church she would know god like i do and it would change her life. told her i would pray for her and the rest of the family......... they didnt like that at all....... my sis said in a very hatefull voice DONT BOTHER.

just a sign of brainwashing done perfectly.

my dad didnt even call me when he heard that my son was born.... i did call him but he talked all of two minutes and that was it.

he on the other hand cant afford to take off work to come visit my son........ but........ he can drive to memphis to work on their assembly hall............ at least 4 times........

memphis happens to be halfway from where he lives to where we live....... yeah nice

i understand getting ignorant mail from dubs and being shunned(for nothing)

things will work out for you and your daughters baby shower..... cause if they cant be bothered.......... they prolly wont be missed.

you guys will have so much fun there

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    he can drive to memphis to work on their assembly hall............

that is where my assemblies are, and talk about alot of work that needed to be done WOW

I had a part at that hall probably 20 years ago. The last time I went there was about four years ago, wallpaper peeling off the walls, huge, i mean HUGE holes in the parking area. At one time they thought it was sold, but I guess the buyer wised up.

I remember when it had burgandy velvet chairs and drapes around the stage. It was an old theater, even has a balcony.

purps

• R.F.
    R.F.

that is where my assemblies are, and talk about alot of work that needed to be done WOW

I had a part at that hall probably 20 years ago. The last time I went there was about four years ago, wallpaper peeling off the walls, huge, i mean HUGE holes in the parking area. At one time they thought it was sold, but I guess the buyer wised up.

I remember when it had burgandy velvet chairs and drapes around the stage. It was an old theater, even has a balcony.

I don't mean to do any thread hijacking but..........

.................that assembly hall is trash! They should've built another one. I was there earlier this year and they've made some of the changes. A local sister told me she was there a few weeks ago and that alot of the renovations of been done and that it's looking great. I don't think i'll ever see it since I don't plan on ever going back.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sorry Purps,

Wish things had gone better.

Tomorrow will come.

Open Mind

• JK666
    JK666

purps,

I am sorry that your mother didn't respond as you expected. One thing that I've learned over the years, is that I am powerless over what other people do.

You did the best that you could to open her eyes. I haven't even tried with my mother. She is in her mid 80's, and happy. I don't know if I even want to try and hurt her.

As others said, you have gotten farther with her than most of us.

Just be kind to yourself, and it will be alright.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((purps)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

JK

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't mean to do any thread hijacking but..........

.................that assembly hall is trash! They should've built another one. I was there earlier this year and they've made some of the changes. A local sister told me she was there a few weeks ago and that alot of the renovations of been done and that it's looking great. I don't think i'll ever see it since I don't plan on ever going back.

no worries.....

so many people wont go there anymore, I quit going myself and would go to Melbourne or Hot Springs, my unassigned place!!!! My mother is assigned there and wont go either.

Its in such a bad neighborhood, sound is horrible and just feels creepy. I can say this, I do like that there is a place to sit down and eat. I remember when they fixed food there for the assemblies. I also remember going there preg with 5th kid and taking four small boys, oldest was probably 7.........oh man what a dumbass i was.

everyone, thanks for the kind things said on this thread. I feel like I have done the right thing, we will see how things go through time.

purps

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

we all feel like dumbasses for every setting foot inside a hall.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit