Why can't Witlesses laugh at themselves?

by hamsterbait 15 Replies latest social humour

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Same reason Ned Flanders cant laugh at himself. Hi diddley ho campers!

Its a serious business knowing you are right ALL the time.

Having said that I used to laugh like a drain at JW jokes when I was a JW, but only if they were proper funny. Some were just a bit lame.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

I can painfully remember as a child that whenever a JW-derived joke appeared on the telly, how my parents would pull distainful faces. I just squirmed with embarrassment and hoped that none of my schoolmates would repeat the joke next day.

Not pleasant being part of a groundlessly elitist cult, huh?

tim

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

What about the IN JW jokes that no-one else would get?

Like:

"There was a district overseer, a circuit overseer and a pioneer in the pub having a pint. The district overseer finds a fly in his beer, so he says "I cant drink this" and goes and buys himself another beer.

The circuit overseer finds a fly in his beer, and he carefully strains it out with his finger and finishes the beer.

The pioneer finds a fly in his beer and he fishes out the fly with his finger and holds it over the beer and says "SPIT IT BACK IN THE GLASS"

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Town Barber decides to retire.

The butcher goes for a haircut. The Barber says "to thank you for your custom over the years, I'll give you a free haircut."

Next morning, he finds a box on his doorstep, filled with steaks and sausages, a token of appreciation.

The baker goes for a haircut. Ditto. Next morning the barber finds a box with cakes and pastries on his doorstep.

A Witless goes for a haircut. "your custom was most welcome, so I'll give you a free haircut." Next morning on the doorstep, there is a queue of pioneers waiting for their free haircut.

HB

• Renegade
    Renegade

Well, that's not entirely true. I used to be a witness and I could make jokes about witnesses. I persoanlly would be annoyed if someone came knocking on my door asking to me to take a magazine at teatime, but I used to believe I was preaching a good message.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Just be patient. Once their daddy spanks them, sets them in the corner, and corrects their screwed up thinking, they'll finally be able to laugh at themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit