Can't have it both ways

by loosie 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

I just thought about something today. The JW's logic or lack there of.

When you are in the "truth" and bad things happen.. satan is persucuting you. And when good thing happen to you it's Jah's blessing.

When you are out of the "truth" or free as I like to call it. and bad things happen to you it's because you don't have Jah's blessing...but when good things happen to you it because satan isn't persucuting you..because he is happy you're on his side.

Or how about this novel idea... Neither one of them gives a rat's ass about what you do either way.

Geez their logic is stupid

• Gopher
    Gopher

Loosie,

It gets even more complicated.

When you're in "the truth", if a bad thing happens to you -- it could be Satan, or maybe it's "time and unforeseen occurrence that befalls us all". Who knows? And if a good thing happens -- it could be Jehovah, or maybe Satan is FOOLING you into relaxing and slowing down your theocratic service.

But are you supposed to even look for signs in good/bad things happening? No, because the Bible says it's a sin to look for omens.

It's all pretzel logic.

It's all superstition. Are JW's superstitious, or what?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I think that might be referred to as 'Circular Reasoning', or damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Outaservice

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I fully agree. another spin when your out and living the good life they say that you are getting your reward now.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

My favorite is they speak for God and we have to obey every word. But when wrong they are just imperfect men. And we are still supposed to obey every word.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are full of specious logic. You are supposed to give Jehovah the credit for good things that are blatantly the result of your own hard work or someone else's generosity. Yet, they are transitory. If anything bad happens or good things don't, it is supposed to be Satan even though such experiences are dominant and last most of one's life. This does not explain anything, since Satan is not capable of giving out bad experiences that last whole lifetimes. And Jehovah would have been able to derail such situations immediately had He seen fit.

I think Jehovah and Ted Jaracz share one thing: Neither one wants people to succeed on their own. Every time man is about to succeed without God, He intervenes and derails such success before it has a chance to do any real good (and helps preserve the illusion that man cannot succeed without God). (Notice the promise that when peace and security are declared, perhaps when we finally rid the world of excess regulations and corruption, God promises to destroy the system so He can avoid embarrassment caused by man's succeeding in ruling his step). And Slime Jaracz wants people to not go to college with a D.E.A.D. threat, forcing them to depend on his Tower.

The truth is that people should take credit when they work hard and succeed. Jehovah has no right to disrupt this success, whether of an individual or the whole human race (and neither does Jaracz). If people make irrational decisions, then people are going to suffer. Big companies that make stupid policies, big government that make stupid regulations, and big religions (especially the Watchtower Society) that make stupid explanations are behind man's problems, not Satan.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

When YOU are IN the truth! boy that is a good one! It still baffles me! Hmm! Is that the samething as good things happen to people who stay in the truth, and bad thing happen to people when they leave. That one really scared me and I believed that it was true. Also, I had a friend(144,000) who really thought that God would reward people who made good choices, and punish people who made bad choices! she was a JDUB for many years! I think that is what they thought in Jobs time.

So we were teaching others how not to look for omens and were practicing superstition and did not know it!

ERRRR! good post and enjoyed reading everyones thoughts as well. It just makes me mad!

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

I remember this reasoning when I was a kid.

1) If you leave the Jehovah's Witnesses, and you ARE NOT successful, it proves that Jehovah has withdrawn his blessing from you, and the Jehovah's Witnesses are right.

2) If you leave the Jehovah's Witnesses, and you ARE successful, it proves that Satan is blessing you in attempt to keep you away from the one true religion, and the Jehovah's Witnesses are right.

You can see that they never developed a testable hypothesis, and therefore I was forced to reject it.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Don't you know it is bad luck to be superstitious!

• loosie
    loosie
    Don't you know it is bad luck to be superstitious!

Yeah I am superstitious. I think it is bad luck to see JW's at your door...lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit