Can't have it both ways

by loosie 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

To be fair, this kind of mentality is not unique to Jehovah's Witnesses. Many other Christian groups also think this way. In fact many highly-religious people who believe in an interventionist Higher Being would make such irrational claims. For if one truly believes in a participatory "living God" then one must explain His role in observable phenomena.

INQ

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is smart as much as it is absurd whatever happens the JWs win out because they can have things both ways, they can have their pie and eat. I would say when the ex dubs do well it's because they are out of the cult and when they do badly it's because they are being persecuted by it.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Acutally the this thought predates Christainity and is held by many groups non-christian. But to put it into focus here is the the thought:

"Be not mislead, my dear brothers, Every beneficent gift and every perfect present is from above; it descends from the Father of Light, with whom no variation occurs not shadow cast by turning."

James 1:16

The question one should ask in the Christain text "new testiment" does it focus on material or spiritual blessings. The "old testiment" seem to focus more on material physical blessings. Was James here talking about the blessings God gives from His Holy Spirit or material gain - things on earth?

It seems most groups today focus on God blessings them materially - if that does not happen God is not blessing them.

Early Christian writing seems to focus on passing the trail and gaining spiritual blessings from going through the trials. Early Christian did not see this life as the blessings, but the next one. So there is much confusion over this subject, However, I have meant many people not Christian that believe their being blessed or cursed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit