How the Circuit Overseer Manipulates the Body of Elders

by TMS 31 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Also the CO can be effective in holding qualified brothers back. I know of a cat who was in bethel and when he left and returned to his home congo a paper trail followed him. Three years after he got back the elder wanted to recommend him for elder. The CO under the direction of the BORG held back his appointment for another 3 years. It was so blatent that they were holding him back, they (the elders in his home congo)contacted his congo in NY and got glowing reviews of what a fine brother he was, but the BORG determined that he needed further disipline so ass to be in unison with gods visible BORG.

By the way ass was not a typo.

• monophonic
    monophonic

i remember being an MS and when the CO met with all the MSs and elders, it was a kiss ass love fest. the CO may as well have been jesus and everyone was shaped up and practically saying, 'yes masta'.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I call them the "Body of Mallet Heads," anyone stupid enough to go to them for personal problems of a major family problem, needs counseling of a difernet nature.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

A Jehovah's Witnesses authorized Circuit Overseers's page.

A Jehovah's Witnesses Circuit Overseer's homepage, featuring instruction for use of the internet by Jehovah's Witnesses.
    www.dbhome.dk/carlo/co.html - 9k

flunkys

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I wouldn't call that one manipulation.

That is asking someone to put their money where their mouth is, so to speak.

They had no problem doing things behind the scenes, but were they willing to go on record with it?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    i remember being an MS and when the CO met with all the MSs and elders, it was a kiss ass love fest. the CO may as well have been jesus and everyone was shaped up and practically saying, 'yes masta'.

I was sooo trying to forget that chapter in my life. But no, you had to go posting it here on this board. Now look what you have done. I'll have nightmares over this for months. Thanks a lot.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    It stated that he had formed an emotional
    attachment to his secretary, a young sister in our congregation. The relationship had resulted in "some kissing".

if i have read this correctly this was not forced kissing therefore it was mutual consent.

why would the elders be concerned about what the girl and her mother would think - would the same elders go to the ex elder to see if he (or his wife) objected if either the girl or her mother applied to pioneer.

take ya point about c.o manipulation tho.

tijkmo - of the been there been treated that way class

• Warlock
    Warlock
    The relationship had resulted in "some kissing".

Yes, but where?

Warlock

• IT Support
    IT Support

TMS,

In the early to mid-seventies with the introduction of the elder arrangement, the relationship changed. At one
    point the circuit overseer became "just another elder" with no more authority than the local men.

Allegedly NHK was determined to abolish all COs because they were expensive and unproductive. Then he died and the idea was shelved.

In any case, wouldn't the 'three-year' rule (QB: km 10/72 p8) have applied?

Incidentally, I presume this brother was really wealthy ...? Did you notice how the COs always cuddled up to the the wealthiest ones on the scrounge for new suits, holidays, etc; and the wealthy brothers cozied up to the COs on the scrounge for elderships, C/Assy talks and other 'privileges'? A case of genuine symbiosis!

Danny,

I think you'll find that 'Danish CO' web site is a (quite funny) spoof!

E.g. see http://www.dbhome.dk/carlo/607.html:

Something rather odd occurred the other day. A few of the young sisters were visiting our home. After a short while, they all left in a hurry, once again, to get some ice cream. As they were leaving, one young sister dropped a scrap of paper from the notebook she had with her. On it, there was a word my husband and I had never seen before. It is spelled, "Fellatio". We thought it might be some type of new dance, or perhaps one of these musical groups which are all the rage among the youth.

And:

A dutch sister has asked us:

Dear Brother CO.

Can you give us some advises on litterature to abstain from? ...

With all the anti-Watchtower information that has been spreading all over the world via the Internet, it becomes all the more important to stay close to Jehovah and his organization. To this end, the enclosed information should be very helpful in protecting the brotherhood from whatever misleading information is out there by keeping formost in mind the REAL issues that are are involved in one's relationship with Jehovah God and his Son, Christ Jesus.

After very careful consideration, it is felt the most important advise that will protect all faithful Witnesses is this: Under no circumstances should anyone read the book "Crisis of Consicence" by the former member of the Governing Body, Raymond Franz! As the March 15, 1986 warned us...

When a fellow human tells us, 'Do not read this', or 'Do not read that,' we may be tempted to ignore his advice. But remember, in this case Jehovah is the One who tells us in his Word what to do..If, out of curiosity, we were to read the literature of a known apostate, would that not be the same as inviting this enemy of true worship right into home to sit down with us and relate his apostate ideas?

Therefore it is out of respect for the wisdom Jehovah God that we never read anything that the Governing Body tells us not to read.

The fact that everything in "Crisis of Conscience" is true is NOT the issue!

. . . etc

• parlay
    parlay

As I young boy I saw how the BOE put on a front when the CO visited.

They were at the meeting extra early, made sure the meeting started and

parts ended on time, did a lot of shucking, jiving and butt kissing, etc. This diminished my

respect for them. It also made me look at the CO correctly, as just another man.

Fast forward 30 so years and my attitude being the same, led to my deletion and exit.

I had the audacity to stand up for what was right against a ego inflated CO

and the kiss ass BOE elders.

Good thing it happened, for it was the beginning of my awakening to the truth about the troof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit