What kind are you!

by brokenperfection 23 Replies latest jw friends

• brokenperfection
    brokenperfection

What kind of elders daughter are you?

Or what were you?

I am a elders daughter currently and would like to know how you feel about being an elders daughter. Tell some of your experinces or situations cause of you being an elders daughter.

Thanks

brokenperfection.....

• erynw
    erynw

::delete comment from when topic above was blank::

Never was an elder's daughter.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Welcome, BrokenPerfection!

Cheers,
    Baba.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was an elder's son. In addition, I was a father to an elder's daughter. Hopefully I had some good qualities. I talked to my daughter this evening. She seems well adjusted in this crazy world.

• oompa
    oompa

I am an elders son. He was at my home today when my 21 year old son stopped by (I had asked him to). My Dad would not speak to him and went to a different part of the house. Yeah my son is DF. This was the first time together. I have never been ashamed of my dad before, but have been ashamed to be known as a Jw. I just told my dad that we have sure been wrong about a lot of stuff as he knows, and that I am pretty sure we are off the charts on this position, Dad how could a god that was so into the patriachal family arrangement not want family unity and closeness today and that we would have to talk about it later. My son tried to pretend he wasn't really being ignored and thank goodness my mom treated him like a good grandson.

elders son...NEVER wanted to be one....oompa

sorry Broken...I forgot to welcome you...stick around

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

My dad became an elder a LONG time after most of his kids were grown. If there was ever an argument for the "holy spirit" NOT selecting the elders, it was my dad. He has long since stepped down now, he's close to 80, however we were raised in an abusive dysfunctional home. When I married an abusive man, no surprise, and talked to my dad the elder one time about the abuse I was receiving from my husband, his response was, "well what did you do to cause him to behave like that?" No clue.

So anyway I'm sure my feelings are much different than others that will post here.

Edited to add: I'm sorry, I didn't notice you were new to the site! Welcome.

Sherry

• brokenperfection
    brokenperfection

NewYork44M you have alot going there for you.

As im an elders daughter in my congregation there is so much pressure put on me to get baptized and to pioneer that along with other stuff going on in my life it has led me to go in to a depressed state in addition to that i have missed alot of meeting and not gone out in the ministry.

It's funny how during our meetings that when we the elder or elders families or elders kids are talked about everyone looks at us to see our reaction to the discussion. And being and elders daughter i give a diplomatic smile and to also not feel so high and mighty of the "high" postion i have supposedly have in the congregation.

• changeling
    changeling

Do you really want to know? You have a PM.

changeling

• brokenperfection
    brokenperfection

I would like to know im not pressuring you to do if you dont want to.

• kifoy
    kifoy

I'm an elder's daughter. He was appointed as an elder when I was only a few years old (before I can remember).

We lived in a small town, and the cong had during my childhood betweed 18-40 publishers. They were not many elders, so my father had a lot to do, and was also a PO for many years.
    But I think he tried to find a balance, but sometimes I remember that he was very busy with cong stuff and had less time for family.

The worst part for me was that my parents are very respected among the other JWs in the area (my father as a respected elder, and my mother for beeing a pioneer for many years, even special pioner before she met my dad), and almost everybody know who they are, so I really felt the preasure from everyone to be like them. But I could never be a pioneer.

It was this preasure that eventually drove me away from the Tooth :-)

kifoy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit