What kind are you!

by brokenperfection 23 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

As im an elders daughter in my congregation there is so much pressure put on me to get baptized and to pioneer that along with other stuff going on in my life it has led me to go in to a depressed state in addition to that i have missed alot of meeting and not gone out in the ministry.

You are right about my username. There are so many pressures that normal daughters of brothers would simply not begin to understand. E.g the pressure to get baptized is starting to frustrate me, going to meetings. Also the guilt of not going to meetings cause of being depressed. I feel bad for not answering up at the meetings.

you are in a really tough situation - is there anyone you can talk to person to person - a counsellor at school or your doctor about how you are feeling?

Its a vicious circle - pressure leads to depressed feelings, depressed feelings lead to guilt, guilt feeds the depression. The reminders from the platform to do more, participate more is relentless. On top of that you have the added pressure of having to fulfill the role of being an elder's daughter, a role you were born into and have no choice in.

I would definitely encourage to keep coming here for support and also to seek out a school counsellor. Its too much to carry the burden by yourself.

ql

• brokenperfection
    brokenperfection

Im an adult and have been to a counsellor but it would be too much for them to comprehend.

• brokenperfection
    brokenperfection

Would anyone else like to share their experinces of being an Elders Daughter.

brokenperfection

• lrkr
    lrkr

Not an elders daughter. But guilt is universal. Learn the truth about the truth. Read this site- and pick up a few of the books that different posters recommend. Only when you can see clearly what is going on will the guilt start to subside. And guilt is very destructive. Besides, once you actually get what is going on- meetings can be a little fun (in a twisted sort of way.) I'm very happy I figured it out before I had the opportunity to mess up my little one too much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit