Your votes will decide: Farewell party for loyal dub VS. Ex-JW meetup

by OnTheWayOut 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

OTWO,

Just do what you think is best. That is the great thing about being out, you can think for yourself.

JK

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

go with your wife......... but bring along crisis of conscience for some light reading........ lol jk

thing is you know where your real friends are............... and that they wont judge you, same cant be said of the dubs.

if it was any other meeting besides your wifes bf id say tell them to piss off.

who knows those foolish elders and other stuck up a$$holes could truely show your wife what that org is truely about and then that might make her leave

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

People here know what I think of this pitiful shunning ritual. The call themselves adults? Gimme a break.

Cherish your freedom.

If my wife put a cult infront of me, I would lawyer up as fast as I could. Sorry but I get pissed off when a family has to be destroyed because of all of this nonsence. I said for better or worse, but not for hell on earth. Most here seem to say it's ok to make them feel uncomfortable. Sounds like fun to me!!!!

• bebu
    bebu

I think you should attend the party with your wife. But I can understand your dilemma! It will be a tough choice.

bebu

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If anyone wants a tally, so far I have 16 votes to go to the farewell party,
    3 votes to "Just do what you think is best," and I wasn't clear what Journey-On
    voted for, but it seemed to lean toward "do what you think is best.
    There are ZERO votes to go to the Ex-JW meetup except for the "leave one and
    go to the other" vote (which I explained is not going to happen).

The mob has spoken. What's best is that you all actually gave it thought and
    wanted to answer with what you feel is the best choice.

There is some merit in letting the wife see how they react to me.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Yep... I agree with what so many have posted already... go with your Chosen One and honor the one who had enough respect for you not to shun you. In this case, YOU are the one making a good witness! Ha! As others have said, there will be other ex-jw meet-ups, it sounds like they happen every month where you are, did I read that correctly?

Cheers and enjoy yourself, and yes, I agree also with DON'T ALLOW ANYONE TO SHUN YOU!!! YOU APPROACH THEM smiling and greeting!

Cheers,
    Baba

• Scully
    Scully

Go to the farewell party. Your wife will appreciate it, her friend will appreciate it, and some of the other JWs will resent your inactivity and treat you badly by refusing to eat with you. Usually the food at these shin-digs is pretty good, so you can always have a little hors d'oeuvre handy to keep the resentful JWs away so they keep away to avoid "eating with you". Everyone wins.

The farewell party is a one-time-only event. The meet-ups are regular monthly events, and people are pretty understanding that not everyone can attend for whatever reason.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Farewells only happen once. There will always be another meetup. Also, I always rate known friends over the unknown.

If you wanted to rate which would be the FUNNEST, well, that's another question. It's more about where you can give your best. It's with your wife.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm with the majority, your wife will appreciate it, her friend, I assume has invited you - whatever any of the other guests might think, its her party! Also, like jgnat said, farewells only happen once

Go to the farewell party - and make sure you take any opportunity to 'heap burning coals' on the heads of those who try to avoid you!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Sounds like you know what you feel you should do.

And if it were me, I would attend the farewell party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit