Presiding Overseer's wife publically reproved.

by ThomasCovenant 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

Latest gossip round these here parts is that the wife of the Presiding Overseer has been 'publically reproved'. Nothing has filtered through about what the 'crime' was yet.

They are a young couple and he appears to me to be very conscientious in doing his best for the brothers. I feel sorry for them as I have seen the pressure on them to juggle the demands of the cong with his wife who I think may suffer from depression.

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I wonder if that will mean he has to step down? He might be
    regarded as not presiding over his own household too well if
    his wife has been reproved.

If he does have to step down, they'll both be better off.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

They may as well Public Reprove everyone. Nobody is perfect and all.... quote: ...."Fall short of His glory" Well if anything, it will prove to this elder that even he doesn't have a perfect spouse. *hallelujah" That will humble him a bit too. Her being PR was actually to his benefit.

LINDA

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm sure this is a sad story.

I hope the two of them eventually find happiness and peace.

• anewme
    anewme

Oh God, it makes me shudder to think what is going on in their household.
    If he didnt voluntarily step down BEFORE she got to this point, then he is reluctant to do so. He may very well blame her for any demotion he might suffer.

Hers is a cry for help no doubt. She was obviously repentant or they would have dfd her like they did me.
    To my credit, God knows I was repentant a little. But really I, like her too Im sure, wanted my marriage back! After 15 years of my husband being an elder I had sacrificed enough weekends and summers and week nights to the organization. What did we have to show for it? Nothing! It was all locked up in some vague promise of paradise tomorrow, tomorrow, always tomorrow. I saw us get gray hair and start to wear glasses and our dogs die and our fathers die and friends move away and we made no memories together.

Oh thank God we were invited to some weddings and baby showers OR WE WOULD HAVE HAD NO MEMORIES OF OUTTINGS TOGETHER AT ALL! The honest to God truth is our memories together are of field service standing at stranger's doors together. After 20 years of marriage isnt that too sad?
    THANKYOU WATCHTOWER SOCIETY FOR THAT MARRIAGE GIFT!!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    It was all locked up in some vague promise of paradise tomorrow, tomorrow, always tomorrow.

You said so much there, anewme.

• changeling
    changeling

I agree with nvr. Whatever happend it must be sad.

changeling

• changeling
    changeling

She will be fodder for the rumor mill for years to come. That's the saddest part.

changeling

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    I feel sorry for them as I have seen the pressure on them to juggle the demands of the cong with his wife who I think may suffer from depression.

My heart always went out to some WOPs (wives of position) in the congregation. They always had to share their husbands time and attention with everyone else, and I often wondered if they could be truly happy in such a situation. Theocratic activities simply leeched all "down-time" out of the relationship. I remember once a sister was wishing for a sheperding call ... from her elder husband!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Regardless of their gossip mills and semi-official policy, the dubs are short of elders.
    The elders don't want to do more work with less men.

There is tremendous pressure to not allow men to step aside from position.

He may very well be wanting to remove himself and the BOE asked him to wait
    until they look into it, and decide whether he presides over his home in a fine manner.

My wife and I were never on the receiving end of a JC, but I always vowed that if anyone
    in my family were "reproved," I would simply stop being an elder for the time. We have
    to give this guy the same benefit of the doubt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit