Presiding Overseer's wife publically reproved.

by ThomasCovenant 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

ThomasCovenant, you offered:

I feel sorry for them as I have seen the pressure on them to juggle the demands of the cong with his wife who I think may suffer from depression.

Are you certain you were ever a JW?? How joltingly refreshing it is to hear real compassion expressed regarding the persecution JW families must endure at the hands of the WT judicial system and its loving brotherhood. In my 30 years as a JW the only, and I mean only, "compassion" I ever heard expressed was that brand of snickering/snooping, wild-eyed speculation couched in the all-too-familiar JW faux-concern voice of self-righteous superiority. I despised it.

anewme:

The honest to God truth is our memories together are of field service standing at stranger's doors together. After 20 years of marriage isnt that too sad?
    THANKYOU WATCHTOWER SOCIETY FOR THAT MARRIAGE GIFT!!!

If there's ever been a more eloquent and poignant depiction posted on JWD than your entire one above as to the tragic plight of JW wives---especially those of prominent, over-worked elders---who are required to play the bright and shiny Stepford Christian partner while dying a slow and miserable spiritual and intellectual death behind frozen smiles, I'm sure I haven't read it. 'Sad' doesn't begin to describe it.

AMNESIAN

2/2001 (as in "out since...")

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

w96 10/15 p. 18 par. 17 Husband and Elder—Balancing the Responsibilities ***

While desiring to support those in the congregation, a balanced elder will also be concerned about his wife’s spirituality. Some elders’ wives have become spiritually weak, and some have experienced spiritual "shipwreck." (1 Timothy 1:19) While a wife is responsible for working out her own salvation, in some cases the spiritual problem could have been avoided if the elder had ‘fed and cherished’ his wife, "as the Christ also does the congregation.

Of course we do not know the facts of this case, but I know that it is an all too common occurance. A sister may be reproved for all sorts of things that may be the result of depression, succombing to a cigarette, gossip, slander , being drunk etc ..Or their marriage may be in trouble..?

It is not ususal for a young man to be P.O. It points to a shortage of elders, which means a bigger workload. . As I understand it, he will have to come off, for a while at least, Lets hope it is the making of them....

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

There is usually a special needs part on the mid-week program a week or two after the announcement that doesn't specifically mention her name but otherwise covers all the details. I hope this doesn't happen to her.

• llbh
    llbh

This is as all have said, sad. The men in the congregation usually work hard in poorly paid jobs,are very tired, then attend meeting 2 nights a week and weekends, and this before any congregational responsibilities!. Looking after the home children... falls to the wife, who gets little or no recognition for it. It is a wonder that this does not happen more often. been there myself, my still as fervent as ever still goes.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Nothing like public humiliation to help someone serve god.....

My heart goes out to him. If he was conscientious, then he had little to no time for his wife. Frankly, you can point to the majority of the elders I ever met and say they neglected their families. There was just too much to do...

• veen
    veen

Name names dude.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Veen

It can only be one of three.

Thomas Covenant

• veen
    veen

That was quick.

• jgnat
    jgnat

To protect people's privacy, we don't name names here. It would be different if the "reproved one" was here herself asking for support.

• zack
    zack

Can't you feel the love at those meetings? Don't you miss being privy to the intimate details of a person's life? Don't you delight in witnessing their pain,

their failings, their sins? Isn't God's Organization wonderful!!!! They are the happiest people on the WHOLE PLANET!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit