The Pecking Order of Jehovah's Witnesses

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

GB members travelling overseeers bethlites elders elders wives elders kids pioneers MS the kewl people the working stiffs the poor the children the flaming gay brother [repentant of course] the creepy brothers and sisters who smell funny

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Bible Study

Unbaptized Publisher

Publisher

Auxiliary Pioneer

Regular Pioneer

Ministerial Servant

Elder

Presiding Overseer

City Overseer

Circuit Overseer

District Overseer

Branch Overseer

Zone Overseer

Governing Body Member

Hierarchy? What hierarchy? We all be bros! They have evolved a hierarchy even more complex than the Catholic Church and claim to be superior because "we are all brothers". What a crock.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Old puritanical or perverted Governing Body members >>
    Inept Bethel Departments >>
    District Overseers >>
    Circuit Overseers >>
    Gilead Missionaries (when home to visit friends and family) >>
    Rich/Former Bethelite Elders >>
    Rich/former Bethelite congregation members >>
    Elders wives that only get moist for the latest gossip >>
    Poor elders >>
    Bethelites (when visiting home) >>
    Pimply-faced, inexperienced Ministerial Servants on a power trip >>
    Pioneer daughters of elders looking to become future Elderettes by marrying a Pimply-face, inexperienced Ministerial Servants on a power trip >>
    Pioneer non-Ministerial servants desperately clinging to the futile hope that they will one day attract Pioneer daughters of elders >>
    Children of elders who visit foreign countries under the guise of "serving where the need is greater" but really only go there to flirt with the opposite sex >>
    Everyone else in the congregation not part of the "in" crowd >>
    Bethelites (when at Bethel working as live-in slaves) >>
    Gilead Missionaries (when out at their "assignments")

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Even as a teenager there was a pecking order I would say it went as follows

slutty Elder's son or daughter

Elder's regular son or daughter

Pioneer teenager who still drinks on the weekend

slutty baptized publisher

baptized publisher who doesn't tell on any of the above

non baptized publisher who is slutty/doesn't tell on above

baptized publisher/pioneer who tells on above

non baptized publisher who tells on everyone above

pimply faced newly minted 19 year old ministerial servant who of course tells on everyone above

non baptized non publishing ass who gets his kicks out of telling on everyone else even though he is just as bad

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Where were you in the pecking order??

Where was I? I was the one being pecked!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And let's not forget the one that has an idea that differs from the others. If someone has ideas that might help stabilize the organization or the congregation, or make things run more smoothly by pointing out and attempting to fix problems that everyone else is creating, they will be put down to the very bottom.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

My mom was a divorced woman who got in a little trouble when she got pregnant with my little sister SRLB.

She turned on the sex appeal and got off Scot free, but was completely marginalized anyway.

I am her outcast son, a little too squirrelly, unpredictable, and vicious to fit in the cliques.

There was a period in the early eighties when I almost fit in, but it didn't last.

But mostly....

Something very wrong with the boy, best to keep your kids away.

Broken inside, no chance of normalcy even outside the group, zero chance in that bunch.

I WAS the fringe

My wife and I had housekeeping issues, and couldn't seem to keep laundry done properly, maybe we looked just a bit too mussed up or something, but still fringe city.

I was never in the thick of things, never accepted, never comfortable.

Life is so much sweeter now!

RD

• Gill
    Gill

I think we were the 'Shit under everyone elses shoes' catergory!

My husband had realised it was all a load of hooey about twenty years ago but had carried on going to meetings just to keep sad fool me happy. He refused to answer, read, pray, sing, go out in FS and do anything any elder asked him to do! I was so ashamed of him.....back in those days!

No one would invite us to their place and everyone refused to come round to our place especially would they not allow their children to play with our children! We were Bad Associations!

Now, from this description you'd think we were bad, rough people! No way! My husband was and is a well paid very intelligent and educated man. We kept a good, clean and friendly home and we make a pretty attractive couple, in my opinion and the opinion of others.

But we didn't have it where it counted! The one with the penis in the relationship refused to kow tow to the bull shitting elders and mocked the Wacktower and Awake mercilessly! No one ever dared challenge him.

The kids still laugh at how difficult their father would be at meetings! He would fall asleep while holding the baby. He would draw pictures with the twins and snigger with the older two......when he stayed awake!

Finally, I realised that he was right and I was a damned fool!

They were right to have nothing to do with us!

We're happy and they're still trapped in Watchtower Hell! Perhaps that's why the People at the top of the Watchtower heap prefer not to have anything to do with us at the bottom........ they might learn something and be free!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit