The Pecking Order of Jehovah's Witnesses

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Where were you in the pecking order??

JWs pride themselves as being different from "worldly" organizations and other religions. They claim to have no clergy/laity groups. All baptized, whether male or female, young or old are considered "ordained ministers"! So in reality, it shouldn't matter if one was or was not a Bethelite, a Given One, a Presiding Overseer, A Circuit or District Overseer, an Auxillary Pioneer, a Regular Pioneer or a Special Pioneer or a Congregation Publisher. EVERYONE is on the same plane, right?????

• oompa
    oompa

Mini- even the FDS is the same plane as us. We just had a QFR that said they aint so special after all remember?

the one about them still being signed up for heaven....oompa....i just signed up am am now speaking in tongues

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    So in reality, it shouldn't matter if one was or was not a Bethelite, a Given One, a Presiding Overseer, A Circuit or District Overseer, an Auxillary Pioneer, a Regular Pioneer or a Special Pioneer or a Congregation Publisher. EVERYONE is on the same plane, right?????

It shouldn't matter minimus, but we all know it does.

Personally, up until just before I left the jws, I was a ministerial
    servant being groomed to become an elder. I was a favourite of
    the boe until I resigned as an ms: after that, for the last few months
    of attending meetings, my popularity dipped a lot.

• changeling
    changeling

Like any other org. things like: who you were related to, how long you were "in", and personality come into play.

It's a popularity contest.

changeling

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

My family was the "bad association" category. Even though my dad was an elder, his kids made his position a shakey on at best. We were always being councelled for some sin!

My brothers and older sister were forced to pioneer in the summer, I kinda got over because of a health issue but was still expected to go D2D every Saturday and 1 day during the week Once I got a beating because I told an Elder that field service made me sick!

nj

• MsBHaving
    MsBHaving

My family was the "bad association" category. Even though my dad was an elder, his kids made his position a shakey on at best. We were always being councelled for some sin!

My brothers and older sister were forced to pioneer in the summer, I kinda got over because of a health issue but was still expected to go D2D every Saturday and 1 day during the week Once I got a beating because I told an Elder that field service made me sick!

nj

LOLOL I just can't stop laughing, I love "my family was the "Bad Association" category"

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well my family was desperately poor with an alcoholic abusive father/husband. My mother worked all the time, we wore shabby clothes, and as far as the congregation is concerned, barely existed.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Our PO - a diehard society man - told (admitted) the whole book group point blank that we are a hierarchial organization

• Scully
    Scully

Well, I think I crossed a few pecking order boundaries:

• Smart, but no penis, otherwise could be leadership material
    • Smart, makes her husband look good by doing his talks for him
    • Too smart for her own good
    • Jezebel

• minimus
    minimus

Scully, how can you be smart and have no penis????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit