let me be subtle...I HATE $@#!!%*$# HP

by knock knock 31 Replies latest jw friends

• knock knock
    knock knock

How many of you have had to send a computer in for repairs? Did you have to wait almost THREE #$@!@##$% MONTHS to even get any sort of corre-frigging-spondence started?!? I've been WAY more than patient and still keep getting the runaround.

I have for years avoided HP like the plague that it is. Won't even by a package of their paper! lol
    Unbeknownst to me, Compaq was bought out by HP so when I gave in and bought this laptop I should have researched better. I was lax. But the levels of imbiciliocity you must deal with in these companies is amazing.

First you have to deal with the gauntlet of Indian telephone handlers that can be VERY hard to understand.
    Then you get handed off to the next level of information takers so you can repeat everything you just told the first person. After that, if you don't get "cut off accidentally", you can talk to someone you can understand reasonably well but that still is not about to be of any help to you. Their job is to take some more information and see if they can give you some BS reason that they can do nothing about the problem but if you hold for just FIVE more minutes they'll see if they can put you in touch with someone that can put you in touch with someone that can get back with you in oh, the next three days?!?!? and then they can authorize, at their discretion of course, to see if your case has been in the queue long enough to warrant them giving it the "deserved" attention.

Then of course I'm sure that the info must be passed along to somewhere in the deep dark recesses of the hell hole that is Hewlett Packard - customer satisfaction service to those who are willing to wait an eternity department.

Do I sound a little out of sorts perhaps? Well, I can certainly see the humor in this scenario from an onlookers perspective, but once in the queue it ceases to be the light hearted adventure it appears.

I am inclined to say that they can take the computer and stick it where the sun does not shine but it appears that they did THAT as soon as they received it and now they cannot locate it!!!

I _________HATE ____ ___ _____ HP

end rant
    repeat anger

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I FEEL YOUR PAIN !!!

I just bought a laptop in May, In June Rahjit or whatever his name was told me ( problem stemming from Verizon not sending the updating modem, that's another story) that my norton anitivirus was just good for six months and uninstalled, it !!! In the midst of between Verizon and HP I went to the Geek Squad ( there a God send ) to get the S@&)$*$T straightend out, turns out that Faquad or whatever the hell his name is from HP uninstalling my antivirius was the root of the problem !!! Tried calling them, Manager sounds like he was indoctrintated in the teachings of HP, (oops almost typed JW since his drivel sounded so familiar) so didn't get any where with him. Filled out the questionnaire they always send out, got a call from Carolyn (American) sounded sincere, said she would refere my case to manager or whatever, turns out the manager was the same indoctrinated, SOB I started out from the get go ! I GIVE UP !

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I know what you're going through. Years ago I had a Compaq and had such bad service I ended up calling their corporate office demanding to speak to the CEO. Instead I spoke to a secretary who took care of my problem - quickly. From then on I bought Dell Computers and and didn't have many problems but when I did it was Dell Hell.

Dell Hell consists of calls to some guy in India who doesn't speak clear English and has no idea how to fix a computer problem.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html Not sure if you've ever seen this before, but it's guaranteed to make you laugh (has some cussing) Enjoy Shelli

• journey-on
    journey-on

I absolutely LOVE HP! I wouldn't buy anything else. My PC, laptop, printer/scanner, personal media drive, all HP.

Great company and great service in my experience. Before I got this computer, I had a Compaq for five years and

never ever had any problems whatsoever with it either. But, one bad experience can make you sour for life I guess.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Never touched HP. Last two PCS I built myself. Nerd power!

• John Doe
    John Doe

My sister bought an HP computer that was giving her fits from day one. It would blank out and crash randomly. She called numerous times and all they would do is tell her to reinstall the operating system and reboot. That's as far as she could get with them.

I took a look at it for her, and noticed that when it locked there was no communicating with the hard drive. Opened the case up, and the hard drive cable was bent at a terrible angle. Replaced $2.00 hard drive cable, and the computer has worked like a charm ever since. It wasn't a bad computer, but the lack of HP service meant that the computer was worthless to her, and HP wouldn't do a darned thing about it. They've been boycotted by us since that experience.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I have one HP laptop - never gives me problems. I've had four or five Toshiba Satellites - buy them on sale when there is a deep deep discount. No problems there, either, until a cat walked over one keyboard and did some combination of keys that fried the hard drive. However, that Satellite was five years old and I back up everything. What do I hate with a deep and abiding hatred? Lenovo. Used to be IBM. I guess China bought IBM and moved it lock stock and barrel to China. Really really crappy computer. Crappy. Really really crappy. I don't know how to make my meaning clear - seriously seriously slit your throat before you buy one crappy.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I also build my own and I'm always swapping out componets for newer/cooler ones. HP printers have worked great for me as well as the cameras. About eight yearsa go I made the mistake of buying an HP computer and the box was so compact I could barely swap out any componets. It worked for less then a year before I pitched it out.

My HP 970 Pro printer has worked for eight years now with some extremely heavy use. We get so dependant on PC's now that when they puke out we go crazy.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

^^^
    It can be an expensive hobby, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit