Are all the GB members bachelors & childless?

by lfcviking 13 Replies latest jw friends

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj7iLNoXvu4&mode=related&search=

Is it so that the 10 members of the Governing Body have never been married or had any children at all in their lives? I find this astonishing if is true!

According to the above link (which was posted by AK- Jeff in an earlier thread) which takes you to a youtube video clip, the ex JW lady in that interview makes that statement.

Is this really the criteria you have to satisfy to become a member of the GB?

Surely this cant be true?........

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I personally do not know, but they deserve to be.

LINDA

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good question. I saw that too. I know that at least one of them is married - Steve Lett. I think Herd is too, though not sure of that.

For sure, most if not all do not have children, as they usually get to that rank by a lifetime of pio, Co, Do service. I bet someone will know and let us know too.

Jeff

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I think Albert D. Schroeder was this only one raising a kid. But most GB members are married (that is after Knorr married. But Fred Franz remained a bachelor (that is not the degree).

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Guy Pierce does have grown children.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Swingle also has a large family from young to old.

The new GB members all have wives and children as well.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Pierce is married I know personally.

• still_in74
    still_in74

test

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

icle

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I remember when I was still a wit and living in Missisuaga Ont, I was friends with a very prominent JW family there who often entertained Franz I believe it was, when he came to Georgetown. They would all laugh about how he was always telling the young brothers, "what do you want a woman for, they are just a bag of bones and a hank of hair". So funny right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit