Reasons why someone might get reproved

by XOCO 28 Replies latest jw friends

• XOCO
    XOCO

I'm new here and i have this friend that have recently moved here and not even a month that he has been here at the kingdom hall that i attend one of the elders made the announcement that brother xxxxx has been reproved.

i was just comming up with the reasons why he might of gotten reproved any stories, suggestions or experience would be greatly appreciated?

• loosie
    loosie

heaving petting

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

It can be for absolutely anything, but the fact that it was announced means that others know about it. Ask around and I'm sure you'll find out.

Kwin

• slmdf
    slmdf

Kwin's right.... if it's announced, it's publicly known. So, time to be a good little Jdub and start gossiping to find out. Don't worry, you'll fit right in. LOL

• oompa
    oompa

Welcome! and stay around. You should know this. Same reasons as people are DF'd, but they are sorry enough to get the lesser spank. After one or two private reproofs,or public and they wont ever believe "Im sorry" again, and you get df'd.

been there...oompa

it could just be panty pumpin

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Welcome to JWD XOCO!

Told you you would get answers here! Stick around, read, ask some more questions.

BB

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

An announcement of reproval means that he was found guilty in the Star Chamber
    of any one of numbers of WT-defined sins- loose conduct with the opposite sex,
    fornication, drug use, drunkenness, smoking a cigarette, playing the lottery, apostasy,
    lying, interfaith, accepting blood, etc. (Same things you get DF'ed for)
    Often, it is heavy petting with younger single ones, or sexual, but also cigarettes and
    alcohol use are done.

After being found guilty, the elders determined that he was repentant, so he was
    reproved. Private reproof is given if nobody knows about the sin. Public reproof is
    given if it is known or will possibly become known to others.

• zeroday
    zeroday

i was just comming up with the reasons why he might of gotten reproved any stories, suggestions or experience would be greatly appreciated?

I have an Elder cousin commit adultry he was Publicly Reproved... Helps to be one of the "Good ole Boys"...

• changeling
    changeling

You can be reproved for any disfellowshipping offense if you "prove" you are repentant.

changeling

• loosie
    loosie
    Private reproof is given if nobody knows about the sin.

Depending on how much he pissed off the elders what should have been private could have turne dinto public if they were mad enough.

No one knew what I did but I was publicly reproved.

remember sisters should always be submissive and say yes brother elder you are right oh forgive oh powerful one that you are

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit