OMG, this tops anything the Society have said yet - an exciting deliverance

by truthseeker 23 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The November 1, 2007 Watchtower had me laughing my ass off.

These WT writers must be smoking somthing good.

First study article, page 22

The Word of Jehovah Never Fails

Deliverance in Modern Times

para 11

What of our time? On Friday morning, October 2, 1914, Charles Taze Russell, who took the lead

at that time among the Bible Students, strode into the dining room at Bethel in Brooklyn, New

York. "Good morning, all," he said cheerfully. Then, before taking his seat, he joyfully announced:

"The Gentile times have ended; their kings have had their day." Once again, the time had come for

Jehovah, the Soverign of the universe, to act in behalf of his people. And act he did!

para 12

Just five years later, Jehovah delivered his people from "Babylon the Great," the mighty world empire

of false religion. Few of us are old enough to have witnessed that exciting deliverance. Yet, we plainly

see the results. Jehovah reestablished pure worship and united those who yearned to worship him.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What a foolish thing to harp on continually. No one was delivered from anything.

Smoke and mirrors. An effort anew to reaffirm 1914 as significant without mentioning the generation. OR did they?

Jeff

• exwitless
    exwitless
    strode into the dining room at Bethel in Brooklyn, New

York. "Good morning, all," he said cheerfully. Then, before taking his seat, he joyfully announced:

"The Gentile times have ended; their kings have had their day."

Boy, he must a' been bursting with pride; couldn't wait to tell the Bethelites such privileged information "Jehovah" had magically bestowed upon him.

Pompous ass.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

doesn't this make you think of the emperor's new clothes? So much excitement about a non-event. Where's the little boy who will stand up in the midst of the congregation and say "nothing happened! The emperor is naked!"

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** jv chap. 6 pp. 61-62 A Time of Testing (1914-1918) ***

"The Gentile Times have ended; their kings have had their day"! So exclaimed Brother Russell as he entered the dining room at the Brooklyn headquarters of the Watch Tower Society the morning of Friday, October 2, 1914. Excitement was high. Most of those present had for years been looking forward to 1914. But what would the end of the Gentile Times bring? World War I was raging, and at that time it was believed that the war was leading into a time of global anarchy that would result in the end of the existing system of things. There were also other expectations concerning 1914. Alexander H. Macmillan, who had been baptized in September 1900, later recalled: "A few of us seriously thought we were going to heaven during the first week of that October." In fact, recalling the morning that Russell announced the end of the Gentile Times, Macmillan admitted: "We were highly excited and I would not have been surprised if at that moment we had just started up, that becoming the signal to begin ascending heavenward—but of course there was nothing like that."

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sounds like Chucky was really trying hard to cull people toward him, sowing the seeds of power as it were and get those magazines selling

part of their marketing scheme is still " We are god's only chosen organization on earth " .......won't you come and be one of god's servants and slaves then ?

I wonder if after making those kinds of statements he went back to his office a had himself a good laugh

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

jv chap. 6 pp. 61-62 A Time of Testing (1914-1918
    Guess I haven't kept up with the abbreviations. What is the jv book? I probably have one on my shelf and would like to look this up.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So the quote that Leolaia uses from "Proclaimers" shows that they were thoroughly wrong
    in 1914. That was printed in CYA for those that discovered that they were wrong.

But they are now going strong with "We were always right." Cult Cult Cult.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What is the jv book?

Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of Jehovah's Satan's Kingdom

It's a big green book about 1 1/2 times the width of an Insightless volume.

• anewme
    anewme

He just strode right in there and made a big announcement!

That just smacks of false worship and blasphemy and cultism!

That guy was so revered. But that is how it goes with humans. We put individuals on the pedestal and soon they start dictating new made up stuff to us and we wonder "how does this happen?"

Hey put me on the pedestal and I'll start spoutin some doozys Im sure.

You cant give people so much power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit