JW visit after 4 years

by Cicatrix 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

A couple of JWs came to my door last Saturday. I knew one of them from my old congregation. I am DA'd, and thanks to a nosy JW lady who happens to work at our bank, the elders have our new address (they TOLD me that's who they got it from). I recieved a visit from the elders when we first moved back here. When they got no results, they sent a woman who used to be a good friend of mine out to try and persuade me to come back. After those two visits, I never heard from them again ( I was hoping I was on the BIG SCARLET A-for-Apostate DO NOT CALL LIST, lol).Well, either the one guy I know is now an elder, or I didn't make the list for some reason, because there they were.

I was heading out the door on the way to the gym, looking forward to my day off. I just didn't feel like dealing with them. I put on my sunglasses and my best busy householder look and headed out the door as they were walking up. The guy I knew started in on his canned presentation. I told him I was busy. He handed me a tract and said they would come back. I took it and headed to my car, thinking what the hell-is this guy playing games with me or something? Is he still RAF, and not aware that this is the house of a JEZEBEL (and darn it-my name must not have made it on the back of the territory card-or do they not do that anymore?), or is he a reluctant elder, lol?

I got in the car and turned on my XM. Lo and behold, the first words out of the speakers were from an Evolocity song- "God, save me from your people" ROFLMAO (btw-does anyone happen to know the name of that song?)!!!The next one was a nasty little ditty by Puscifer, about a woman who would cause a man to sell his soul

Well, they haven't been back this week, so maybe he got filled in or something.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Wow? A JW working at your bank gave out your NPI (Non Public Information?) That's not only a violation of professional ethics, it's against the law. If you could prove it, you could name the bank and the employee in a lawsuit.

• Rooster
    Rooster

Maybe you could help the "sister" @ the bank get fired!!!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

DATA PROTECTION ACT - that 'bank employee' is in breach!

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I read your post and understand your desire to be left alone by those folks at the hall, but like the previous posters I can't past the part about the witness bank lady passing on your info to anyone, let alone a flippin elder or two. If you are here in the US that is a major violation what with all the identity theft running rampant. You have the right to the expectation of privacy, especially from a bank organization that you pay to hold onto your money. I mean how do you REALLY know that the people she passed your personal info to won't use it for some nefarious purpose (other than idiot elders banging on your door)?

I'd write a letter to the branch manager and outline the circumstances (name the witless bank lady and the people, that you know of, she passed your personal information onto) and demand to know in writing what the bank was going to do to remedy the situation. I would state that if a satifactory response is not received, say in ten days, a report would be filed with local law enforcement and if need be the FBI, Secret Service, Federal Trade Commission, FDIC, Federal Reserve, Social Security Administration and the US Postal Inspectors office. Just for kicks throw in the Better Business Bureau, not that that would do any good but many banks belong to them.

I'm not a big believer in most 'conspiracy theory' stuff in this world, but I've seen some personal friends devastated by identity theft and it's not pretty what they had to go through to get their lives back. I wish you all the best whatever you decide to do.

Chris

• MsBHaving
    MsBHaving

Maybe you could help the "sister" @ the bank get fired!!!

That would teach her for being such a "Brown Noser"

For sure she violated your right to privacy

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I would definately make a report as mentioned about your breach of privacy.

BB

• lawrence
    lawrence

Don't worry, they'll be back. Maybe even this Saturday. They don't get it; they think that your blood is on their head - blood guilt. Next time, ask them if they'll go and get you a quart of hard liquor at the store, and then you'll be willing to talk. "Don't come here without that bottle of Ginfizz lackey!"

• poppers
    poppers

I hope you report her for giving out confidential information. She should be fired.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

like everyone else I'm stunned that the JW at the bank would pass on your address to the elders. Such a violation of confidentiality. Definitely write a letter to the bank manager outlining the circumstances(you can even say you moved to escape their harassment) and asking the manager what he/she plans to do about it. Reminds me of something I read about a JW who worked in a doctor's office passing on confidential patient health information to the elders, leading to the patient being disfellowshipped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit