New annual report due soon - what do you expect???

by The Scotsman 33 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Let me get this straight, OTWO, what you are saying is that "the end is right around the corner?"

• Gayle
    Gayle

The new statistics come out in the January or February 2008 "PRIVATE' edition, right?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Report from local congregation right after CO's visit. Almost everything, including meeting attendance, was down about 10%. Only thing that went up was the number of pioneers--which shows me that the diehards are really hanging in there and the hangers on are starting to fizzle out.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

It's not about the quantity is it? Rather more about the quality. I mean how may really truly have their hearts fully into it? Besides can you really believe any stats put foreward by "crooks and liars" in the first place.??

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Whatever they print, it will not be accurate.

How many of us here put in fake time slips? How many would really be "inactive" if not for those slips? So, if there is any increase, I suspect it's only because of people faking their reports for the sake of family etc.

The numbers will be lower than what will be printed.

BB

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Let me get this straight, OTWO, what you are saying is that "the end is right around the corner?"

The report, not me. My point is that no matter what the report contains, it will be spun that
    "the end is right around the corner." That's their only trump card that seems to drive up
    numbers or maintain higher numbers. It's only a weak trump card now, but they gotta play it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Didn't y'all learn anything when you were in da troof?

Those numbers are printed to inflate the egos of some deluded people who actually believe they are accurate.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Germany is reporting a 1% increase. (Not that this means anything.)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Based on what I see happening here in Los Angeles, I can't imagine the USA or any other developed country posting a gain, large or small. I got word that there are more congregations merging due to dwindling attendace.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Good to hear that from LA, California.. lots of things start in California,,hope Arizona is next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit