Fr. Price's Website and Parish

by BlackSwan of Memphis 26 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I too wonder why he comes here.

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun

It really doesn't matter, his church is full of the same dogma and mind control that any other post conciliar constantinian religious organization is spewing out. We need to help him realize he has fallen for another cult, and help him out of it. Everyone trapped in religious cults needs help out and into plain individual freedom.

Matt

• free2think
    free2think
    We need to help him realize he has fallen for another cult, and help him out of it. Everyone trapped in religious cults needs help out and into plain individual freedom.

That was exactly my thought when he first posted LB. I just thought he was awfully young to have gone from one extreme to another so quickly. Just my two cents.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Yep, it sounds like Father Price did a lateral from one knuckle-headed cult to another.

CyrusThePersian

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hey Matt and F2T, ok the thing is this....

For the sake of argument, let's say you are right (which is a whole other thread in itself perhaps) even then it still makes sense to know who you're dealing with. And if people are talking to him (or anyone else for that matter) it just makes sense to Know what the guy actually believes and teaches.

As for whether or not this religion is a cult, I know that Nvr started an interesting thread a few days ago that would probably shed some light for me on the matter of religion period. At this point where I'm at, I'm not prepared to say he's stuck in another cult. That doesn't mean I think I'm right and you're wrong, only that I don't have enough information to say you are right.

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun

Look, it's pretty basic, if he relies on anyone other than himself for his own guidance, he is in a cult. Since there is no God, and if there were, the guy has really done a pathetic job of allowing pain and misery (hence the reason for no God) we need to just drop it.

It is a fact: He's in a cult, and that's that. All religions are cults.

They all need to go to make way for the new world order, and cheaper gas for my sports car.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Thanks Eclipse. Some people. ~sigh~

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Fascinating stuff BSoM (ps not it wasn't you who upset me the other day). I took a longer look around Fr Price's site and also found a link to a Wikipedia article which goes into the churches history in more depth. The set-up looks pretty much like the Anglican church - there are what I call 'ultra-catholic' (bells and smells!) congregations through to very liberal ones.

There doesn't appear at first glance to be much of the rigid dogmatism of the Roman Catholic church, most likely because their key 'fallout' is their refusal to accept Papal infallibility. Less cultish than the Roman Catholic church maybe? (Although I'd generally regard the RC church as less of a cult than JW's!).

If I knew they existed, I might have joined them instead of the Anglicans! I still have some affinity with parts of my RC upbringing.

Lloyd Braun - with respect, you really need to look into how various Christian denominations - and other religions for that matter - operate before tarring them all as cults. My mind is my own, nobody forces me to believe what I do, I'm free to formulate my own ideas and disagree, free to walk away any time I like, without repercussions. If that's your definition of a 'religious cult' perhaps you need to rethink that one again too.

Peace

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun - with respect, you really need to look into how various Christian denominations - and other religions for that matter - operate before tarring them all as cults. My mind is my own, nobody forces me to believe what I do, I'm free to formulate my own ideas and disagree, free to walk away any time I like, without repercussions. If that's your definition of a 'religious cult' perhaps you need to rethink that one again too.

Uhh, take a look at the historical Jesus if you can find any.

No such person ever existed. Why follow a myth? Seek truth instead. It's better.

But, if it makes you feel better, PRAISE HORUS!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Look, it's pretty basic, if he relies on anyone other than himself for his own guidance, he is in a cult.

If he relies on anyone other than himself.......for his own guidance....he is in a cult.......

are you serious?

It is a fact: He's in a cult, and that's that. All religions are cults.

Ok. Well you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. Right? Right. Glad we have that settled.

Emo, thanks. I've been thinking about you since the other day. Wondering how you are doing.

The set-up looks pretty much like the Anglican church - there are what I call 'ultra-catholic' (bells and smells!) congregations through to very liberal ones.

That is what I was thinking.

There doesn't appear at first glance to be much of the rigid dogmatism of the Roman Catholic church, most likely because their key 'fallout' is their refusal to accept Papal infallibility.

Exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit