Fr. Price's Website and Parish

by BlackSwan of Memphis 26 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

http://www.exjwsupport.com/

Hello, my name is Fr. Joseph Price, I am a priest in the Old Catholic Church of North America, I grew up a JW, was heavily involved in the organization until I removed my self after 17 years. Faced with having to start life over, redefining myself, and relearning my faith as a Christian, I have long desired ministering to JW's and ex-JW's alike. Once I completed my studies and was ordained a priest, I am finally able to devote the time required to outreach and support of those associated with the JW's. I am actively available both online and in person for speaking on JW's, their beliefs, practices and teachings, talking to individuals about their experiences with the JW's, and currently run a support group that meets once a month for socialization and discussion about JW's and our lives that were effected by the organization.

Link from his site re Old Catholic Church of NA:

http://www.naoldcatholic.com/

The Old Catholic Church of NA is Not affiliated with The Church in Rome.

I'm not trying to be a beotch here, and I am not seeking to offend anyone, but there seems to be a large misconception of what Catholic Church he is affiliated with.

peace

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good catch, BSoM!

Listen people.

It's not the real RCC!

LOL!

is this a splinter Catholic group?

Yes, J-G.

It's Catholicism Reloaded.

No "beotchiness" perceived.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Why thank you Nvr! I don't want to come across all jw-y to people.

I especially liked this:

It's Catholicism Reloaded.

I honestly thought the web page was pretty interesting. I had heard of Old Catholic before but didn't know what they believe. So I really hope people take the time to visit the websites.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, I must admit...Great Catch Black Swan. I guess he did just say. Catholic Churches have a way of adding things on to thier name so I did not know that they were not all out of Rome. Even if in North America. My bad. I apologise.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Sparkplug, I think sometimes certain things just get a little lost in a thread.. And I think others caught on before me (nvr is one), I just made a thread out of it

Edited to add: The thing that caught my attention was their stand on sexuality and birth control are completely different than the Roman Church.

• moshe
    moshe

Seems like the word catholic just means "universal". Father Price will get a real religious education from our forum.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Now that's a good catch Moshe:

cath·o·lic (kath'?-lik, kath'lik) pronunciation
    adj.

1. Of broad or liberal scope; comprehensive: “The 100-odd pages of formulas and constants are surely the most catholic to be found” (Scientific American).
    2. Including or concerning all humankind; universal: “what was of catholic rather than national interest” (J.A. Froude).
    3. Catholic
      1. Of or involving the Roman Catholic Church.
      2. Of or relating to the universal Christian church.
      3. Of or relating to the ancient undivided Christian church.
      4. Of or relating to those churches that have claimed to be representatives of the ancient undivided church.
      5. n. Catholic

A member of a Catholic church, especially a Roman Catholic.

[Middle English catholik , universally accepted, from Old French catholique , from Latin catholicus , universal, from Greek katholikos , from katholou , in general : kat-, kata- , down, along, according to; see cata– + holou (from neuter genitive of holos, whole).]

catholically ca·thol'i·cal·ly (k?-thol'ik-le) adv.

4. nvrgnbk
      nvrgnbk
      Father Price will get a real religious education from our forum.

You know it, moshe!

5. NotaNess
      NotaNess

Sparkplug...avatar looks like a guy trying to choke a gal.

6. eclipse
      eclipse
      Sparkplug...avatar looks like a guy trying to choke a gal. - NotaNess

NotaNess, STFU.

Yes, you read it correctly, SHUT IT.

That was an extremely rude and hurtful comment..

That photo happens to be a beautiful shot of herself and her fiance in a beautiful embrace.

I don't even know why you come here. You're judgemental and puritanical bordering on obsessive.

If you have nothing nice to say, then don't bother typing anything else on here.

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit