anyone have a dog that got fixed, then got fat

by orbison11 16 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

wheres richard simmons when you need him........... or does anyone really need him.

meowing to the oldies

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

My dalmatian was fixed and never got fat. But then she never did slow down much-activity is one of the breeds well known traits, lol.

• ninja
    ninja

does my mother in law count ...after her hysterectomy?

• shell69
    shell69

Guys

I got a 12 wek old Englisg Springer Spaniel. OMG he's sooo full of beans!

Plan on getting his bits chopped ASAP.....you tellin me this in't good for him???

Shell

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

We have to lock up the hamster cage and the aquarium. Our kitty is in serious heat. Noisy little bugger, but adorable. Time for a snip snip.

• lies all lies
    lies all lies

This is just my opinion but I think it might have to do with whether or not they've experienced a heat cycle. I got my puppy at 10 weeks old but unbeknownst to me, she was sick so we had to wait for over a year for her to be able to be spayed during which time she went thru her first heat....after the spay she went from svelte figure to a couch potato body even with lots of daily exercise. My sisters dog, got spayed at 6 months before her first heat and she is still slim and trim, while her other dog got spayed at about age 4 and that one got fat afterwards.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

My dog had an undiagnosed thyroid problem. It is worth having blood tests. BTW, doctors are as behind in diagnosing low thyroid in dogs as they are in humans. If you can find a holistic vet, I would take your pet there. Even with a holistic vet, you may meet resistance. My dog didn't meet the lowest threshold, so my vet didn't want to prescribe. Instead, she said that she would re-test in 4 months. If there was any drop in his thyroid levels, she would prescribe. There was a drop in the next test results.

All his symptoms remedied themselves with a small daily does of thyroid. It made a huge difference in my dogs energy level and disposition. He had become was very lethargic, and his coat was much more dry and brittle.

BTW, he had his "surgery" late in life, and had experienced a couple years of normal cycles.

Justitia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit