anyone have a dog that got fixed, then got fat

by orbison11 16 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

OH MY GOODNESS

my adorble pup, got her fixed about 4 months ago at 2.5 yrs of age

she has put on so much weight,,and i have changed nothing,,,any here have the same thing,,,guess i gotta get out early to take her for walks

thanks orb

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I've heard that being the case often. A lack of sexercise now huh? *heehee*

LINDA

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

sorry, I was just kidding there. I'm am truly sorry that your dog has that problem now. But honestly, I have heard that being the case...with cats too :-(

• orbison11
    orbison11

well funny you should mention that,,she would get 'intimate' with her bed,,she would fold it over in half and have her way with it lol

i would even 'catch' her after we went to bed,,in the living room having her way with her bed lol

wendy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..I got my cat fixed..And..I never got Fat!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• erynw
    erynw

My cat, male, is huge and he is neutered. He weighs 28 pounds, down from 36 pounds. He seems to have hit a wall in his weight loss program. Vet and I are stumped. He has a larger body type than most cats. He has a huge head and is very long. Hs back comes up nearly to my knee and his tail nearly to my hip. He pulled a chicken I was defrosting off of the kitchen counter...while he was standing on the floor. But he's very sweet, just big.

• orbison11
    orbison11

no way,,that is adorable...is that kitty abuse????lol

• erynw
    erynw
    no way,,that is adorable...is that kitty abuse????lol

Yeah, I decided to edit it to add that he's being seen by a vet and has lost weight so folks wouldn't think I was abusing the poor guy. He's just a big cat.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My father did. He told me not to fix mine and I didnt.

I have 4 cocker spaniels 6 years old and they are all thin and fit.

I think that spaying thing is a con game the veternarians run.

Spaying is good though to prevent unwanted doggies. 6 of one half a dozen of the other. But my fathers dog got very fat after being fixed.

I make my dogs wear rubbers when they have sex since they arent fixed.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... my two cats started getting fat too. I used to feed them with food dispenser so they could eat all they wanted. Bad idea!

I started to feed them strictly controlled portions in their own food bowls and their weight went back down to normal levels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit