MORE Girl Fluff....the best investment you have ever made in clothing?

by restrangled 15 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

To be more specific, something you have bought that has stood the test of time and fashion.

For me it was Ralph Lauren's classic navy wool jacket with his gold and red emblem on the pocket. It cost a small fortune but for over 5 years I can throw that over a pair of jeans or a skirt and always feel like a million dollars.

I also have a jacket by Dana Buchman with a matching sweater that is gorgeous and never fails to make me feel good.

What was your best purchase?

r.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

My hippie skirt from butterfly mama.

I bought it in the spring and have worn it through the summer and will wear it through the fall and winter.

http://www.butterflymama.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SK63&Category_Code=SK&Product_Count=21

• restrangled
    restrangled

Black Swan, the link doesn't work, do you have another?

r.

• Kudra
    Kudra

A pair of dark denim Levis. They are dark and tailored enough to be my pair of "fancy" jeans.

They are pretty tight and are kind of my "meter" for when I get a little too ...rotund. :P

I've had them for 4 or 5 years and they are still super stylish.

I think they were ~$29 or so? I got them at Ross so I got a good deal.

-K

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

This unit here. It was the first kilt I got and I've had it for over 6 years

• free2think
    free2think

A pair of black stilletto knee high black and white tweed boots from nine west. At the time i thought they were a bit expensive but i had to have them, lol. I bought them a few years ago but they're still classic, and they really dress up an outfit.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Bigwilly,

I don't know if you're serious or not, but I think you should post on the boy fluff thread about airing out the male appendages.....

It seems like a good idea for that thread!

r.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's something that I didn't buy but was given to me: a long black blazer that hits me midthigh. I love it, it looks great with a skirt or jeans. I wear it when I want to look sharp.

Thanks Sis!

Josie

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hmmm let's try this:

that didn't work either:

http://www.butterflymama.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Go to womens clothing, click on skirts and mine is the Flower Patch Hippie Tiered Patchwork Skirt

• restrangled
    restrangled

BlackSwan,

Those are great skirts! It reminds me of some of the ones I purchased (a now famous designer) back then whose name now escapes me. They were $50.00 a piece as I remember. (1974-1975) A huge amount of money, but they were so worth it! They were so much fun to wear.

They were never thrown out but donated to a sister-in-law.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit