I am going to an Atheist banquet w/ my girlfriends!

by sweetface2233 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

The Atheist Alliance is having their "Crystal Clear Atheism" convention in DC this weekend. My girls and I are going to the banquet tomorrow evening. My role model, Julia Sweeney, will be giving a speech and receiving an award. I am looking forward to meeting new people and learning more about atheism.

But I have a question. Who is going to say grace?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Interesting, but funny at the same time. If you're not going for worship, are you just going to confirm the fact that you don't beleive anything. LOL!

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    But I have a question. Who is going to say grace?

"Oh great Flying Spaghetti Monster, thanks for this food. Even though we worked all week to get it and didn't notice any divine alterations in our paychecks or spontaneously materializing meatballs, we thank you anyways.

Please bless the Scientists for the genetically engineered faster growing and better tasting food. And bless the farmers who spent the past couple thousand years selectively breeding this food to make it better and almost disease free.

Maybe you'll get it right next time.

We also thank you for Betty's quick recovery. Of course she was pumped full of helpful drugs, and had the attention of skilled and hard-working doctors and a team of nurses, a huge amount of research into medical science on her side, and she's always been a sturdy woman. But I'm sure you did something.

Please bless us this day, and protect us. But don't feel pressured either, if one of us dies suddenly we won't blame you, even though we specifically asked for protection.

May everyone enjoy your noodly appendages,

Ramen."

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Because you've already decided there isn't a God then what are you actually going to discuss at this convention?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Because you've already decided there isn't a God then what are you actually going to discuss at this convention?

Most atheists havent decided there isnt a god.

They have decided there is no proof for a noncorporeal being that created the universe. Therefore they simply do not believe in him.

For example, I do not believe in unicorns. Im not saying they dont exist, but until one is found and proven to exist I will not believe in them. Same thing with god.

what are you actually going to discuss at this convention?

Since you've already decided the WTS is false... what are you actually going to discuss on this board?

• erandir
    erandir

Lore,

LMAO

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Have fun, sweetface.

Tell Dawkins, Harris and Hutchins your fellow atheists congregated at JWD send their love.

• JK666
    JK666

Have fun at your atheist ritual. Are more atheist women hot or butch? Inquiring minds want to know!

JK

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Have fun at your atheist ritual. Are more atheist women hot or butch? Inquiring minds want to know!

You've seen my pictures on the post your pic thread started by dobbie. You be the judge!

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Don't forget to let us know how it went.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit