grateful to my Elders..No talks, no FS time, no privledges....no problem!

by oompa 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

Hey oompa..I love to read your posts.You have a great sense of humor!

Glad to hear that your Hellders are leaving you in peace. My situation has been the same so far. In fact,there is a "brother" that a few months ago I would have said was my best friend who won't even talk to me.My JW wife called him to ask him to "talk some sense into me." He said no;he was washing his hands of me. Keep in mind that not only have I not been disfellowshiped,no one (including my wife) knows how far gone I am. 99% of the people at my hall probably haven't even missed me. So much for "By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves" huh?

BTW...I would like to see that letter you were talking about if you wouldn't mind PMing it to me.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Say oompa,

God Bless,

Joseph

• bluebell
    bluebell
    I was allowed to go straight to inactive
    without any help from the elders, so I just stopped going to the hall. There is still no calls for offers to
    help me out.

I expect a half-assed attempt now because I am a statistic- an inactive person that needs to be called
    on before the C.O. meeting

That happened to me too - and when CO visit due? NOTHING!!!! I was suprised but grateful. Now I am not suprised as I realise I am more trouble than I'm worth, maybe would have been dif if I was a bro or is I was pioneer but was just a v. depressed rank&file.

I thought it was strange and not the norm, really expected to be harrassed, but then it looks like the same has happened to more than me!

• greendawn
    greendawn

You must be glad that they took a soft approach on you just like your wife is disappointed. In fact I am surprised that with all the doubts you had they didn't mark you as a spiritually dangerous person.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

The same happened with the elders in my hall. They came and talked to me once when my wife told them I had visited "apostate" sites and then they didn't do anything after that. When she questioned them about it they said "He'll come around." Turns out that she got tired of waiting for them to help me so she came around instead, but to my point-of-view.

During that year of inactivity they'd send a message home with her every now and again. I remember her saying at one point, "Bro. PO said that if you don't turn in time this month you'll be officially inactive." I said that I didn't care about that to which she said she figured I wouldn't but she didn't know why they didn't tell me themselves, maybe try to encourage me or something. It wouldn't have made a difference. She left shortly after that.

Kwin

• erandir
    erandir

I thought it was strange and not the norm, really expected to be harrassed, but then it looks like the same has happened to more than me!

Yep...same here.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Hi Oompa, Can u please send me a copy of that letter, or post the link to the thread you started about it.

Ta

Must O Bey!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Nobody says anything about this, no counsel, no will you go out with us on saturday. not a single "were is your time for the month" phone call

I thought it was just like that around here??

I also stopped ,some years ago now, and nobody said anything. I had been one of there own elders, for goodness sake and still they just ignored me. To tell the truth, I had one invitation to meet with them - I later found out that my wife had written them a formal letter expressing her fears for me and begging them to help me. We had one hour meeting, they could say nothing helpful and they never wanted to do it again.

Recently I have heard on the grapevine from a p/overseer that "elders are not shepherding any more" and he does not know why, because they are supposed to do it. Truth is that they just don't care...No wonder the numbers are down!

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Cool. I wish my old elders were like that.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

They are scared.

Very very scared.

Everytime they see you or think of you, they are reminded of their own private doubts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit