What is your favorite Simpsons episode?

by Lloyd Braun 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun

Ok, so we did the Seinfeld thread, now how about Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie?

My favorite one has to be the one where Bart gets help from Homer to read a card at a presentation before Mr. Burns.

Homer: "Oooh boy card read good".

alt

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I actually think that, along with Jehovah's Witnesses, I have outgrown The Simpsons.

I have no desire to see the movie. I never watch the new episodes on Sundays. I used to
    watch the reruns, but would rather watch news items or other stuff.

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun

So you no longer have a favorite episode then? You just felt like posting that you have outgrown them?

Am I crazy, or are you going to be one of the few here that doesn't like the Simpsons?

Lloyd Braun

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Couple that come to mind are "King Size Homer" where Homer purposely gains weight to get over 300 pounds so he can get disability and work from home. The other one is whe Apu gets fired from the Quickie Mart. Homer and Apu travel to India to the Quickie Mart HQ to get Apu's job back.

• brinjen
    brinjen

'Weekends At Burnsies' - Homer is prescribed medicinal marijuana after getting attacked by crows.

'The Cartridge Family' - Homer buys a hand gun after riots that begin during a soccer game spread through out Springfield.

That's the first two that come to mind.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Am I crazy, or are you going to be one of the few here that doesn't like the Simpsons?

I like them, I just haven't seen enough episodes to pick one. Just so you stop
    attacking me for posting a thought, I liked when Marge was accidentally given
    breast enlargements. Are you happy?

Edited to add: My pic was there. Was I censored for cartoon cleavage? WOW.
    It was acceptable for the public airways.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I liked a lot of them - maybe the ones that project in the future best. Lisa becomes president of the U.S., or the one where the fortuneteller shows Lisa about her first love, there were a few more. And I really really liked the Halloween episodes - so funny. Somehow, though, I don't turn on the television very often any more so I haven't seen them for a couple of years.

From the Seinfeld thread to the Simpsons thread. How about a South Park thread?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

There are alot of good ones, one that comes to mind is when Homer is concerned that he's not teaching Bart to be a

a real man so he ends up taking Bart to a steel mill where he can show him what real men are like, only problem was that it was opperated only by gay men.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Lol, the one that comes to mind.....

The one where Marge and Lisa go out to get a new door bell and then the Jehovah's Witnesses come to their door.

But they don't ring the bell.

They say something like

"Let's go get real jobs. Maybe we don't have all the answers."

When I first saw that one I was JW, and was so "offended", now I find it hysterical.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Homer - "Sanctuary!! Sanctuary!!"

Priest - "I wish I never taught him that word"

This was also the episode that made fun of PBS pledge drives. Big Bird had a cameo with Betty White. I laughed for 30 straight minutes... Sort of like being at an elders meeting....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit