FOR DUMMIES: Jehovah Has ALWAYS Used an Organization. Not!!

by Open mind 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

How many times have you heard this from a JW?:

"Jehovah has ALWAYS worked through an organization!"

Now I've heard plenty of rebuttals of this on JWD, but last night I thought of another way to look at it. (Probably not original, but it was to me.)

In a nutshell:

1. Totally give the JW the benefit of the doubt.

2. Do the math.

So here we go. Let's all don our JW thinking caps (aka, brown paper bags) and give it a whirl.

Here's the only times a JW could honestly say that Jehovah was working through an "Organization", IMO. Everything else was one on one communication with God. Heck, I'll even throw in Noah, since the Ark was the "One Way" to escape. Although I think an honest person would hardly say that God talking to Noah qualifies as an "Organization".

Noah's Navy: ..........................................................................120 years.

Bacon Avoiders (Moses to 33 C.E.): .......................................1550 years.

Lion Fodder aka Xian Congregation : (33 to 133 C.E.).................100 years. (Max)

Chucky "Cheese" Russell's Fan Club: (1876-2007)....................131 years.

Hopefully it's hitting you between the eyes already, but I'll keep going, in case the brown paper bags are still in place.

Total Years of Human History (per Fred Franz):.........6032

Total Years Jehovah Has Used an Organization:........1901

As percentages of human history timeline:

No Organization:..............68% of human history

Organization:...................32% of human history

Question for JWs:

A 100 year old man tells you: "I have ALWAYS been a JW."

Later, you find out he got baptized when he was 68 years old.

How accurate would you say his original statement was?

For the vast majority of human history Jehovah has NOT had an Earthly Organization. And even the biggest chunk of time that he DID have an Organization (Ancient Israel) what difference did it make to Joe Earth Dweller? Zip! Everybody lived and died and has a resurrection hope regardless of whether they worshipped YHWH, Baal, or No One. (That is, of course, if you buy into JWism.) Only the very rare individual got smoten by God for peeing on an unauthorized wall. Ouch!

So class. The next time a JW tells you "Jehovah has ALWAYS worked through an Organization" what do you tell them?

DO THE MATH!!!!

Open Mind

(Please pardon the condescension. The title did say "For Dummies" )

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Well, I must be a dummy because I really enjoyed your thread!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Using the JW logic on this, you have to wonder what was that organization immediately before CT Russell. Did someone blink off when CT Russell blinked 'on' in 1879?

Also -- I heard that before the days of the Israelite nation, that a FAMILY was the organization, such as Abraham being the family head and everyone following him. Similarly, other faithful (?) families like that of Job and Lot were 'organizations' in a sense.

That's right, Jehovah used organizations cleverly disguised as families!!

The word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, JW's say, so it must be false. Someone show me the word 'organization' in the Bible.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

keep in mind that Jehovah continued to flip his support for Israel on and off depending on if they worshiped him or not. So you could only really add up the lives of the good kings which will only net you ~350 years.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Jehovah has always used the WTS. to sell his magazines and literature and thats why Jehovah is now worth a billion dollars world wide, he's simply

a marketing genius !

• anewme
    anewme

"Jehovah has always used an organization"

My God, I could make stuff up too and start my own religion!

They have skilled writers and idea men and they sit around making this crap up and dishing it out as sacred scripture and new light. Its just awful that me, you and millions of others were so stupid and naive to believe all their malarky.

They are using tricks and persuasion and intellectual and spiritual dishonesty to achieve their goals to rope the public into slavery to them.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    Let's all don our JW thinking caps (aka, brown paper bags)

Aw, and here I'd already run to get a napkin and everything! Oh I forgot, those are for Head Coverings (tm), not thinking caps! Duh!

GGG

• Open mind
    Open mind

Bluesapphire:

Thanks. Glad you liked it.

I studied at the feet of the great Farkel but since the cranky ol' Bastard's too good for us JWDers anymore, I figured I'd do a post that's somewhat derivative of his style, IMHO.

(Maybe this'll bring him out of hiding.)

Gopher:

that a FAMILY was the organization, such as Abraham being the family head and everyone following him. Similarly, other faithful (?) families like that of Job and Lot were 'organizations' in a sense.

Yeah, I've heard that kind of tripe before too. But I'm not willing to give the dubs THAT much benefit of the doubt. BTW, I just noticed I gave them three extra years of "Organization". I showed Chucky's Fan Club starting in 1876 instead of 1879! DOH!! Thanks for the correction.

Para:

Yep. I'm just trying to be generous and do some broad sweeps of the brush.

Homerovah and anewme:

Amen.

Open Mind

• Honesty
    Honesty

The organization has always been on earth.

It has been invisible for most of the time.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Sound reasoning. Therefore over most dubs head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit