What's For Lunch

by snowbird 28 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

What are you having for lunch? I'm having a jam sandwich - two slices of wheat bread that I'm going to jam together! Seriously.

Sylvia

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

The usual.........Dish of Fruit............Turkey Sandwich........Turkey breast, with mayo, sliced cheddar cheese, and Bread & Butter Pickles on Sour Dough Bread. Glass of Ginger Ale.

Outaservice

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Woohoo it's Friday! I'm going to have my usual weekly lunch with my jw mom. It's bound to be a heaping helping of:

What I'm doing wrong in the eyes of the organization

A side of:

Condemnation topped with crocodile tears and dressing down

and to drink it all in:

A large gulp of guilt mixed with (un)righteous anger

All kidding aside its usually mexican food. I think the spicy stuff fires her up for my weekly putdowns. You've heard of In Vino Veritas? With her it's In Salsa Sanctimony.

Chris

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Granola bar and applesause - I overslept today and only had time to grab that!

nj

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I need to go grocery shopping, so I was wondering the same thing here about what I was going to have, But...I ended up with a tuna sand....with hard boiled egg white and dill relish in it....on one slice of bread (cause I only have one slice left!LOL)

• dobbie
    dobbie

Well its dinnertime here nearly but fo rluch i had veg soup plus a wholemeal roll. In a minute i'm going to cook myself lentil bolognese and pasta with veggies and sweet and sour chicken recipe i've found for the menfolk

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Chicken tacos with pico de gallo salsa.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Chicken tacos with pico de gallo salsa.

Thank you; never heard of it before.

Sylvia

Pico de gallo (Spanish for "rooster'sbeak") is the term generally referring to a fresh condiment made from chopped tomato, onion, and chiles (typically serranos or jalapeƱos ). Other ingredients may also be added to the salsa, such as lime juice (or lemon ), fresh cilantro (leaf of coriander), avocado, cucumber, or radish. In some regions of Mexico, a fruit salad tossed in lime juice and sprinkled with a salty chile powder is also known as pico de gallo, while fresh salsa is better known as salsa picada, which means minced or chopped sauce, or salsa mexicana, because the colors red (tomato), white (onion), and green (chile) are the colors of the Mexican flag.

Pico de gallo can be used in much the same way as other Mexican salsas or Indianchutneys, but since it is less liquid, it can also be used as a main ingredient in dishes such as tacos and fajitas.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I found a stale bagel and half a jar of olives in the office refrigerator....free food is so yummy!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Thank you; never heard of it before.

We 'gringos' in Southern California grow up on pico de gallo and all other Mexican dishes (delisioso!)

P.S. I also love grits! (seeing as you're from Alabama)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit