Computer Security Advice

by ColdRedRain 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Yeah, there's power but whenever I load up the screen, it tells me how lsass.dll isn't able to load. I can still boot from the BIOS which means it will let me boot Windows from a jump drive if WinXp and an antivirus package is preloaded. But I don't have a jump drive but I do have a WinXp disk I can use to do a repair installation.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Would it work if you could some how get that file from somwhere and put it on a floopy and then make the floopy the first of the drives to start up in bios

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Otherwise the best solution might be to do a repair, it should keep all your programs and files when you do

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

have you checked to see if the flux capacitor is full?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Borg this not a joking discussion go somewhere else

Making a joke at some personal distress is stupid and apathetic

• Satanus
    Satanus

You could try booting from the windows program cd and then try repairing your windows installation. If it can't find the system, then try the following.

If you can borrow another computer, go on a torrent program like utorrent. Search for a program like erd commander that makes boot cds. Find the part that promises to make a hard disk bootable. Take that cd, boot from it, and try to rebuild your mbr, etc.

S

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You know how to get bios, so then, you must need to make it so that the computer only reads from the CD rom drive; so that it will not try and do it's own recovery.

I think it was TD who told me how to get my computer to just read from the CD, and not from any other source within the computer.

• VM44
    VM44

Once your computer has been compromised you can never be sure that all traces of the malware have been removed.

You will have to reformat the disk and re-install windows. Sorry.

Or, you could get a new hard disk, install windows XP on it as well as an anti-virus program, and then install your previous HD as a slave and then scan it for viruses.

You will then be able to transfer your data from the original drive over to the new drive.

--VM44

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

VM where did you get the info. from that says this spy-ware can never be completely removed, Norton and spy-doctor says it can , just curious ?

• VM44
    VM44

I got it from Leo Laporte, the Tech Guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit