Some JW parents don't deserve to be parents!!!

by Es 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Thanks dobbie and challenging

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

How can an organization that tears families apart, be of divine source? NO WAY! The WTBTS was grounded on a demonic base. No doubt about it. As long as Satan backs them up, it will remain until God trashes it and all other false religions.

LINDA

• journey-on
    journey-on

JWs love to use the scripture, 2 Tim. 3:3 where it says "that in the last days critical times hard

to deal with will be here.......having no natural affection, not open to any agreement......" Of course,

they use it out of context. But this scripture can apply to them more than anyone else, because

for a parent to treat their own children the way yours has treated you, IS TOTALLY UNNATURAL!

Mothers and fathers don't DO THAT. It's certainly not godly. Do they think Jesus would ever have

acted the way they act. I think not.

My heart goes out to you, Es. I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother, and now at a time when

families should draw closer together, your own parents add to your pain. Many people posting may

excuse them with saying you should remember their minds and hearts are controlled by the borg. I

for one am sick and tired of making excuses for parents and others that choose to obey this riduculous and

evil dictate from one of the most sinister "wolf-in-sheep's-clothing" organizations on the planet. They are

dispicable!!!!

• deeskis
    deeskis

(((Es))),

Thinking of you, sorry that this is a tough time for you.

best wishes

Dxx

• Es
    Es

Thank you all.

Well said journey on I cant seem to get my head around it either how they can justifiy it to themselves how they have treated me. Yesterday was a new day for me regarding my parents, no more will I be overly friendly no more will I send nice msgs.

My mum couldnt even pick up the phone to tell me about the funeral she msged me instead, I didnt reply, she then sent another one yesterday asking me If I receieved the msg my reply was one word Yes. She then msg again with a lengthy msg saying how they managed to transfer the funeral to this side of town so it would be easier to travel too. It was one of the longest msg she has so far sent. I didnt reply.

It does not mean I will not show respect but my kindness has gone.

es

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I correct the topic headline: MOST JW parents don't deserve to be parents!!!!!. And the "stronger" they are in the "truth", the more it holds true for them. The ones that could make at least halfway decent parents are the ones that don't force the children to go out in field circus when they are only 2 or 3 and keep them out all damn afternoon. They also allow some leeway in choice of music, having worldly friends, taking part in worldly activities like after-school sports in school, and not being strict at the boasting sessions (if a child is having trouble sitting still, perhaps the "punishment" should be to walk outside in the parking lot and run around there, or just walk out, instead of the beatings). And they should be allowed to sleep in peace, no matter how old they are, at the Kingdumb Hell.

It's just that if you try that, Brother Hounder is going to have a talk with you. Allowing children to sleep at the meetings or taking them outside to run around, or home, instead of giving them their spanking/beating, is disrespectful for the Almighty Pedophobe Jehovah. They should be out in field circus all day, and behaving themselves perfectly, every day. There are 225 songs they should be allowed to listen to, and there should be no activity in school above and beyond the base curriculum. Otherwise, they are going to be guilty of murdering the people that they otherwise would have reached and "would have taken the study". This means parents have no freedom to raise their children the way they please.

And there is one more big thing that disqualifies people as parents. Forcing them to participate in meetings and field circus at all, especially once they get to about age 8. That's the time when they are likely to become aware that something's wrong, but not be able to put their fingers on it. They develop an irrational dread or fear (or both) of being Jehovah's Witnesses, on top of the rational dread of what happens at the meetings. At this point, forcing them to continue is counterproductive. Pressing them to get baptized at this point is blatant child abuse. Getting them baptized before they reach this point ought to be a crime, at least on a par with parent/child incest if not even worse. And it doesn't help if the parents are inconsistent: months of no activity intersperced with months of solid activity confuse the children on top of the above mentioned problems it creates.

I personally think the best advice for Witless parents is to get out of the Tower and STAY out. Short of that, they should slow the pace for the children so they don't spend all their time in field circus or at meetings, and they should not be stopped from partaking of at least some special events aside the a$$emblies and sit-still all-day wasters and afternoon waster calls. They should never, EVER, get baptized at ages below 8, regardless of what the Tower showcases (there is still a risk that a formally "good Witness" will suddenly hate the religion at that time for no apparent reason). Better, they should wait until they are at least old enough to vote and get married, and they should have read as much material from both sides of the issue as feasible, before deciding. Forcing children to get baptized too young into this organization, or without adequate peer reviews that are unbiased, should be at least as serious a crime as for a parent to do incest with their children. And that's very serious.

• Es
    Es

Well put

es

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you WT that helps me see my parents in a different light...they're diehard jws in their old age but they didn't force baptism or field service on us and allowed us to be seminormal (we had worldly friends, did school activities (I was on the school drill team and my sister was a cheerleader), all of us even got to go to our proms.

In one of my mother's lucid moments she told me that they didn't force it on us but hoped that we would do it when we were adults - we didn't. Oh we have our times of not talking to each other (currently my brother is having nothing to do with our parents) and the parents are none too happy that my family and I go to church but my parents make consessions to talk to us cuz we're not baptised and they're a bit weak "spiritually".

Josie

• V1710
    V1710

That is so sad how your parents treated you. Sorry about your nan's passing. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's sad to hear that the minds of parents have been so warped by the JW cult that they will go as far as being emotionally cruel to their own children. They can't see that this is nothing but a vindictive policy aiming at humiliating ex JWs.

I can recall from your posts that for a long time they treated you in this way so perhaps it's time to give up all contact with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit