Would Anyone Ever Be Able To Tell That You Were Once A Witness?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

4dc, thanks for that!!

Having said, please wear shorter skirts (for me), ok?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I am down on government politics and the military.

That may or may not have something to do with the witnesses.

I'm tainted so I cant tell.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope not. I went out of my way to make sure I have nice Christmas decorations that can be seen from outside. My theocraptic clothing is in my closet (or, in some cases, in the landfill alongside my pre-JW Christmas decorations). I listen to the filthiest rap I can find, like 50 Cent (yes, I am part of the reason that CD was #1 for 7 weeks because I bought a copy). And my outward belief is that simply one should not initiate the use of force, coercion, or fraud against another or their property (which is the exact opposite of what the Witlesses believe in).

• Dawn
    Dawn

...mmmmmmm.......Nope

Well - unless they ask me why I don't have ties with my family any longer.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Nope! I've changed a lot, thankfully. Nothing that years of cult therapy can't fix!

Oh, and I have a real nice tattoo on my ankle now!

ESTEE

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Lets see,

My hair is long
    I have a beard
    I have both ears pierced, one stretched to 2ga
    I have both nipples pierced
    I have a tattoo
    I wear a Utilikilt
    I smoke a pipe (several actually) and occasionally one or two Nat Sherman Naturals

So on the outside I'd have to say no.

BUT

I am socially awkward and insecure (Couldn't have friends on the outside, nobody would have me on the inside)
    I am sexually retarded but trying to catch up(Marry the first girl you date)
    I am quick to judge and even quicker to anger (but also quick to settle down)
    I am a poor student but people tell me I'm smart
    I am good at hiding what I think and feel

I don't know if people can tell. Friends I have told are surprised so I guess the final answer is no, people cannot tell

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I still can't bring myself to celebrate Christmas.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I hope not!

I don't look much differrent, apart from a few more grey hairs,
    but I certainly act differrently.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Heck, in a Kingdom Hall, I''ve been mistaken for a Witness. It's kinda cute, because I get caught up on all the hall gossip.

It's not hard. Dress conservatively with no whiff of cigarette breath. Don't cuss and smile a lot. You're in.

• minimus
    minimus

I take it as a great compliment that someone would never have thought I was a Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit