Hard evidence that the internet spells doom for the WTS

by cultswatter 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think to establish a correlationship you would need to compare only Christian countries, as non Christian countries always tended to have low growth anyway, and Isamic countries have censured internet.

A good comparison would be the growth rate in Christian countries in 1990 (pre internet) with the growth rate of those same countries in 2006. The countries with the highest internet connectivity would mostly be the same countries with the highest fall in publisher growth rates.

Just a casual glance at the statistics indicates that any country with over 200 computers per 1000 people now has 2% or less growth. (one thing to be aware of is this graph shows computers not internet connections, but they likely coincide).

• greendawn
    greendawn

The internet is the worst thing that could happen to a dictatorial information controlling group like the leaders of the JWs. They fear losing large numbers of their members hence the manipulation to keep off the internet.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The crackdown by the WTBTS is only going to get more opressive for the average JW.

Maybe it will wake some of them out oif their slumber.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is a bit rough, but gives a good idea. I have compared the fall in growth of the top 10 computer using Christian countries, with the 10 from about position 100. The top countries have about 400 computers per 1000 people, those in position 100 have about 15. There is a geater fall in growth for the top 10 countries. However, I must admit I am surprised at how great to decline is even in the less computer literate countries. I guess this is something to be happy about, globally the WTS is loosing its grip.

• Gayle
    Gayle

This is so grand! And this statistic is per individuals, not households,,so with say 2 or 3 individuals per household, it has a great impact.

• metatron
    metatron

I'm with you in spirit but keep in mind that correlation isn't hard proof by itself. Another factor working

against them is economic growth and wellbeing in many of these nations. Despite the "worse and

deception/mantra, general economic growth across the world is the best it's ever been.

In addition, much of the "apostate" exposure is in English, which limits things. We need more

exposure especially in Spanish.

metatron

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

YEAH!! I'm happy to see there is 100% decrease in growth in Canada!

BB

• JK666
    JK666

Interesting correlation!

JK

• aniron
    aniron

Also this on same website

Statistics > Jehovahs Witnesses (per capita) (Latest available) by country

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/rel_jeh_wit_percap-religion-jehovahs-witnesses-per-capita

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Look! I am just ONE EXJW pages shown made in only 5 years Results 1 - 100 of about 136,000for Danny Haszard Jehovahwitness.

6 years ago I did not know how to turn the PC on I am just a lowly disabled carpenter in the woods of Maine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit