Hard evidence that the internet spells doom for the WTS

by cultswatter 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Look at this tasty tidbit would ya. Compare with the 2006 service report and see that the countries that have zero growth also have the most computers per capita.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/med_per_com_percap-media-personal-computers-per-capita

LMFAO!

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Well spotted, there seems to be a direct correlation. Not sure if its the only factor though. But great news anyway.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

not many in Muslim countries either I see

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

excellent information, there certainly is a strong correlationship.

• tula
    tula

My JW friend thinks that the internet will become "part of the GREAT EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM" that is going to take place.

However,

He's waiting for Jehovah to get all the "non-truth" out of the internet so it can be used properly for the GREAT WORK.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes I think so and that is why the WTS is scanning web sites to see if there are any copyright infringements

They have threaten law suits on web sites that have printed out some of their old literature

The marketing strategy that they have been using for decades can now be shot down easily with all the contravening information on the net

and you know they don't like it !

Is that why they are introducing the members only WT ? .....ummmm

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Stilla observed,

not many in Muslim countries either I see
    I think there's two reasons for that: 1. The WTB&TS is afraid of a fatwa being issued against Brooklyn. It's OK if the local dubs die, but protect Brooklyn! Especially the GB!! Keep them off of the hit lists!!! 2. Muslim countries are already full-up with crazy.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Hey Atlantis. How 'bout a scan of the 2006 service report? Could ya put it in a PDF so we can print it out??

Jwfacts How would you calculate the mathematical significance of those correlations?

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Hey Nathan we were typing at the same time, does that correlate?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, I think they shot down their only chance to get the "untruths" off the Internet. They just about banned independent discussion of the religion, which means pro-JW sites are going to be abandoned by Witless owners. They have withdrawn from Wikipedia, leaving that site open to the apostates (still, I think that is one of the most unbiased sources if you want both sides of the story).

Second, they are fruitlessly trying to sue people that start websites that quote portions of older literature on copyright issues. What they are actually trying to do is erase history that is an embarrassment. They want people to forget that they once predicted Armageddon to come in 1878. And the number of predictions from more recently that are embarrassments, they also want people to forget. They ran out of the "People came in for a date in the 1975 disaster" excuse (a specious lie). What they won't tell you is that people were told to prepare for 1975 starting about 1966, putting off college and even selling out. Many followed their advice, went into debt so they could pioneer, and were left holding the bag in 1976. Of course, the Tower blamed them and now wants the original 1974 publications (not the altered reprints) off the market.

Hopefully, all the hard work Danny Haszard has done is paying off. Unlike the wusses that print crap Bible translations and doctrines and are embarrassed to identify themselves lest someone do a Google search on them and find them fakes, Danny Haszard is not afraid to sign his work. He will freely admit that he is the one that has linked the searches so the apostate Web sites come up. In all likelihood, several of my posts on this very forum have come up on search engines at least partly from his work.

In the end, they get what they deserve. A sound organization that is being unfairly bashed is going to have good apologists with good defenses, and the bashers are going to sound specious. With the Watchtower Society, however, the apologists are the ones that sound specious. Logic and verification, two things the Tower is trying to ban totally, would end the Tower. In that sense, the Tower's speciousness is what is actually dooming the society. The Internet is speeding up this process, and I hope it is fully successful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit