What are JW beliefs called?

by RebelWife 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

Some JWs use the term "Bible truths" or "true Bible teachings". Most JWs when talking amongst themselves call it simply, "The Truth".

If your debating an issue with a JW and are hesitant to call it "truth" (since you'd be enabling them to continue to call it that) then you would probably be okay to call it "Watchtower doctrine" or "Witness doctrine" without having them get all defensive about it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is no official word to describe the doctrines of the JWs but occasionally we use the word Watchtowerism. Rutherfordism would also be an apt word since they are in essence a creation of Rutherford, the Bible Students of Russell were different in terms of outlook and attitude.

They call their beliefs "the truth" which of course they can't be because the truth unlike their doctrines never changes.

• Honesty
    Honesty

DELUSIONS

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

We should just coin a phrase and agree upon it and start using it. Something that would be acceptable to scholarly circles would be nice.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Honesty,

Delusions of grandeur? They truly are "special...Ed".

• PEC
    PEC

I am with sweetface, Bullshit is the most accurate description, that I can think of.

Philip

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Lies

• Twitch
    Twitch

ummm, in a word, whacked

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Well, 'Russelism' doesn't fit since The Judge tossed out everything he stodd for.

'Judgeism'?

Doesn't say enough, I mean the guy was mental!

Mental judge... Judge mental...

Judgemental ism!

Seriously, I tend to call it 'the wts mindset' or the JW worldview to other 'postates or non JW's,

I call it 'your religion' to jw's Kinda like saying 'uh, not MY religion!' but in an inverse manner.

Hmm. 'Towerthink'?

These are just the ones decent enough to share.

RD

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

How about "Spiritual Fast Food" as it is:

1) Generally unsatisfying

2) Not particularly good for you

3) the product of a multinational publishing company

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit