It's official (family-wise) I am an apostate

by RisingEagle 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Rising Eagle. ~

You want to know the weird part? I really expected her to cease contact with me after that but she's been to the house twice and my phone rings numerous times a day from her.

It sounds like you got through to her a bit. It is good you spoke your mind. You know sometimes parents just can't help themselves they just HAVE to say that stupid stuff...especially if they are JW's.

• HalfWayThere
    HalfWayThere

"She also said that she could cut my older brother some slack (he also enrolled his kids in Christian private schools years ago) because he was never baptized"

I get that too. My two older brothers are unbaptized unlike myself. They both swear, drink, and live with their respective partner and kids out of wedlock. One of them recently criticized my mum for spending time with them considering all this and she replied that she doesn't care - they can tell dirty jokes and drink and swear like troopers around her and thats ok because it doesn't bother her.

My brother's partner also recently gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, and all of a sudden my 3 JW sisters come out of the woodwork wanting to visit them and meet the new adidtion to the family. Yet none of my sisters will have contact with me because I dared to live with my now wife before we married last year! WTF!!

And my mother has repeatly warned me that if I were to be DF or DA myself that she would have to limit her association with me! WTF!!!! My (worldly) wife cannot for the life of her get her head around this thinking, and I don't blame her.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Once more we see the mechanisms of a cult at work, she accused you of violating a promise to God whereas everything they do is being run by humans who have twisted what God supposedly demands in order to suit their interests. Even sending a child to be educated in a Christian school is a violation of their religious code! And under the circumstances you had no other choice.

• anewme
    anewme

Yes, well done. Effective communication is so........effective!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

You stood your ground with her and I've found especially in my family relationships that when you stand up to them the get a little soft. It's when you allow them to think they are right or that your decision is wrong when they go hard core with you.

You do what you have to do as far as your little girl goes, you have to look out for her best interest!

nj

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am so overjoyed when I hear xJWs with the firm decision giving their child 'freedom,' (I hear the freedom bell that another child has total freedom from the WTS chains). Your daughter is very fortunate to have you as parents!

• yknot
    yknot

It is sad how some people have to draw lines in the sand.

On the other hand WTG for enrollment in private education! It is worth every penny!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Good reply to mom. Welcome to the A list!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Be thankful that is all your mom said.

This past Sunday, my mom went absolutely ballistic when I told her I was on the way to a seminar to speak with some Christian youths about the history and beliefs of a well known religious cult that has a history of emotionally scarring its members.

Her most notable reply, "We teach people to obey God's Laws and live clean lives."

Uh huh.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I would thank your mother for the compliment as Jesus himself was considered an apostate, by the Jews. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit