Do you think the elders or the society know....

by B_Deserter 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

I love Hortensia's idea!!! That would be fantastic!

How I wished I had done that just before I left! But then I left before I started reading this web site!

If someone, somewhere feels they can actually pull this one off - please try it! and tell us what happens!!!

If possible record it so we can hear it.

You would have to plan it carefully (a) make sure you have packed your bag and that your coat is already on your chair. (b) make sure that your car is not blocked in the car park so that you can make a smooth getaway, and (c) going back to point (a) it may be worthwhile making sure you sit in the front row so that you can come off the platform straight to your chair, pick up your coat and bag, wave goodbye to everyone and then leave. Oh and (d) be prepared to finish what you are saying without the benefit of the microphones because I am guessing that they would turn off your microphone once they realise what you are saying.

What a way to leave!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I look at people the few times I go to the hall and wonder if they're feeling the same way I do. If they've already made a decision to leave but are just trying to fade or whatever. It's too bad there isn't some sign that we can display that can let others in the hall know who we are

You just need to get apostaydar!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Danged gremlins!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Enjoying Freedom wrote

I love Hortensia's idea!!! That would be fantastic!

How I wished I had done that just before I left! But then I left before I started reading this web site!

If someone, somewhere feels they can actually pull this one off - please try it! and tell us what happens!!!

If possible record it so we can hear it.

This has been sort of done, and by a poster on this board.

Little Toe actually resigned from his boe and disassociated during a public talk,
    then left the kingdom hall, never to return, a few years ago. The full story is here

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/20680/1.ashx

If you follow the thread, there is a link to both a transcript of his talk and
    a recording of it in there.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Good subject, I think there are a LOT of people on the inside who know it's all BS. I personally know of two people in my own congo, one of them doesn't want to be dis-inherited by his ageing parents (money is very important to him). The other is just a plain old coward and can't leave because of god knows what reasons.

I'm still recognised as part of the congregation but I have no fear whatsoever in telling my views. Just the other week I had a toe to toe argument with the book study overseers wife after the group about the who pedo issue. She asked me what I thought of the revelation book and I told her I thought it was a load of absolute drivle. Amazing thing is it seems the elders couldn't care less. Her husband won't even listen to our conversations for fear he might hear something he might have to act on. This is an organization in crisis, no doubt about it, the denial is being ramped up to breaking point as far as I can see.

The irony is the organization itself is responsible for the huge army of dissenters within it's ranks because they've made it very difficult for people to just leave. With the huge workload placed on the few remaining and ageing elders, they haven't got the energy to be bothered with people like me who will gnaw away at others in the congregation. So far I've managed to open the eyes of at least 3 people and I'm working on others as I talk to them. Easy pickings, just show genuine concern and interest for people and they will listen to you and tell you their concerns, something they don't get from the organization.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Your comments reminded me of somethings:

".....you all could be like the true Christians mentioned in the Bible-helping others (samaritans, widows, orphans (non JW),"

I knew of one brother who was hitchhiking to get to work because his car broke down. It was a cold and windy and rainy morning and two sister drove by and NEVER even thought about stopping to pick him up. Why? "How would that look, if we have a guy in the car with us?"

To h*** with what the JW's think or tell us to do. If a person is in need, and I don't care if he's a so-called worldly person, we should be there for them. I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy to be a so-called wordly person now. Now I appreciate the outside world and even more so than the JW's. "You reap what you sow?" Yepp! JW's don't help others (outsiders), so why should they receive help from them Outsiders? At times they do take advantage of outside benefits don't they? Hypocrites.

".....one of them doesn't want to be dis-inherited by his ageing parents (money is very important to him)."

That is no guarantee. My Ex's Grandmother donated all of her money (thousands) to the WTBTS and left NOTHING for her only surviving son & daughter who were both strong Witnesses. My Ex-father-in-law was pretty upset about that. That meant, no $$$ for his grandchildren either.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what draconian measures they are going to implement to stop the dissidents. I suppose confining them all to a Kingdumb Hell and field circus at all times would stop any from getting online and spreading the apostate message. And for those who just walk out or become inactive through sneaking out, the roundups are probably the only way to at least have the seats warmed up.

As to whether that is going to do the organization any good, that's another question. It will further ruin morale, which is already seriously low. It will also allow people the chance to plant seeds of doubt in everyone in the whole congregation and create embarrassing publicity, hopefully eliminating anyone that might want to come into this prison. Harshly correcting people for having the wrong attitude or voicing opinions and facts that differ from the official Watchtower models is likely.

Or, they could go the way society did in the novel 1984. They could put telescreens in everyone's house so the slightest act that could be taken as dissent is grounds for torture and "vaporization". I wonder if they could rig the whole countryside with microphones and telescreens so they could pull this off--I doubt they could put a telescreen in my computer. Besides, I never let anyone in the congregation know I even have a computer, and I have scattered the details so they are going to have to use fully integrated thinking to bust me--exposing them to apostasy themselves. Either way, I intend to make it as difficult and dangerous for them to recapture me in any way as possible, and if they do get me inside a Kingdumb Hell by force, they will have to deal with my writing apostate Web sites on service report slips and prying everyone I can right out of the congregation with apostasy.

• eclipse
    eclipse

That is a great idea Tula!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I bumped into a witness friend yesterday - I know that she hasn't been attending meetings for about 6 months, she doesn't know that I've stopped attending.

She looked at me quite guiltily and asked "How was the assembly". I told her straight that I didn't go to the assembly and that I don't attend meetings any more. Her face was a picture - then she said I'm not going to ask you why. She told me that she doesn't attend because she is ill. We both agreed not to discuss anything to do with JW's and that we would keep in touch with one another.

She was one of the few sisters who actually watched the panorama paedophile television programme when it aired a few years ago despite being warned not to by the elders.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

They could go down the happy clapper route and get all loved up, start being nice to people, less judgemental etc etc. This might upset the right wing die hards but it would certainly attract more people to the borg. Unfortunately I think the people at the top are so far removed from the life of the average witness that they really don't seem to be able to comprehend what is happening at the grass roots level. Everyone goes in to pretend mode when the CO arrives, so he reports back that everthing is hunky dory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit