by bigwilly 32 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Artsy card and drinks, definitely.

Have fun,

changeling

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    Most art supply stores carry cards made by local artists. Maybe go in between your ideas and get her a birthday card from there and a few drinks.

Good idea Unique1, I might see if I can find her a bday card there as well. The reasoning behind the gift card is this. She is an amazing artist, but is working at a bar to pay the bills. We've had several conversations in the past regarding the expense of art supplies. This place has several locations in the Portland area and carries almost everything any artist would need. I figure $20-30 towards her art would be a big hit and something she would use.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    It's not such bad news. Everyone always says, "It's the thought that counts." Bullshit! Anyone who says that is a LIAR!!

So, you're saying that a line like "I got you a box of chocolates. . . I ate some" won't work with you?

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    "I got you a box of chocolates. . . I ate some"

Maybe if my friend was retarded!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I was talking about me. . .

So yeah, definitely some shortbus action there

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I could understand if it was YOU. It would just be a munchie attack. I understand and appreciate those.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Am I that transparent?

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Am I that transparent?

Only for those that read and commented on the marijuana thread. Besides, all of us tokers sort of congregate together on here...LOL.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Thanks all for the advice. I'm leaning toward the nug & mead combo, but will make a final decision when I head that way. I'll post what I get and the response if anyone is interested.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

If someone gave me a box of chocolates with a few missing, I would laugh so hard I would be s%^&tting chocolate. But that's me.

A 20 dollar gift certificate to a coffee shop or inexpensive restaurant would be more than enough. Remember if you overdo it, some people might think they are obligated to reciprocate. It's awkward for a short relationship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit