Female Friend's Bday. Need Advice.

by bigwilly 32 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Bigwilly, yep, sweetface is right.

The giftcard shows that you have become her friend, it's not too personal though so that it would make her feel uncomfortable.

And the amount was exactly what I was thinking.

Have fun!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

BigWill,

I agree with sweetface - gift certificate then she can go buy what she wants or needs and 25.00 is great.

nj

• Sassy
    Sassy

you all must have a lot more money than me...

cuz I might spend $25 on a CLOSE friends... but I wouldn't on a sort of friend...

I'd probably buy them a drink or two..

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Now I have great but conflicting advice, both from sweetface

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    cuz I might spend $25 on a CLOSE friends... but I wouldn't on a sort of friend...

Good point, Sassy. However, I assumed they were more than "sort of friends". I don't go to concerts w/ my "sort of friends". If the friend is a "good friend" I would spend $50-75 or more. But, that's just me. I do tend to go overboard w/ birthdays and Christmas. I am sure that in a few years I'll tone it down. In the meantime, my close friends are getting SWEET presents.

• BFD
    BFD

For what it's worth, I'd go with the gift card then fire up the bud with her later.

BFD

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Now I have great but conflicting advice, both from sweetface

What can I say? I AM a woman!!!

• unique1
    unique1

Most art supply stores carry cards made by local artists. Maybe go in between your ideas and get her a birthday card from there and a few drinks.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    However, I assumed they were more than "sort of friends". I don't go to concerts w/ my "sort of friends". If the friend is a "good friend" I would spend $50-75 or more. But, that's just me. I do tend to go overboard w/ birthdays and Christmas. I am sure that in a few years I'll tone it down. In the meantime, my close friends are getting SWEET presents.

You assume correctly. If she were a really close friend, I wouldn't be asking advice and would spend about the same as you. It's just been a really long time since I developed new friendships and this level of friend and interaction is something I haven't had much practice with.

I like to go all out for those really close to me for bdays and holidays too. Bad news, you'll never really tone it down

For what it's worth, I'd go with the gift card then fire up the bud with her later.

Excellent recommendation BFD. Mix the best of both ideas

What can I say? I AM a woman!!!

My bad, I shall not call attention to duplicitous behavior in the future

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Bad news, you'll never really tone it down

It's not such bad news. Everyone always says, "It's the thought that counts." Bullshit! Anyone who says that is a LIAR!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit