Female Friend's Bday. Need Advice.

by bigwilly 32 Replies latest jw friends

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

So, I have a friends bday party at a pub to attend this evening. She's been a friend of mine since about February. She bartends at the pub I spent alot of time at before I moved to my new place in May. So we're not super good friends, but she's cool and we've attended a concert together. She has a bf, so it's not like that.

Here's the question. Do I just show up and plan on buying her a few bday drinks? Should I get her a card at the last minute? The other thought is that she's an artist, so I could get her a gift card for a local art supply company. Should I? If so, what's a reasonable amount to spend?

Gawd I suck at this stuff

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Third time is a charm! The art gift certificate is the best idea. It's personal, yet not too. No card needed, just sign your name. How good of a friend is she? From what you've described, $25 is a good number.

Have a fun time!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Thanks Sweetface, I knew I could count on ya

She's just a platonic friend and I've really only known her for a few months (maybe 6?). I've never met her bf before, but he's apparently cool with his gf taking me to a metal show. I just don't want to over or under do it. Too much and she'll think I expect more than friendship, too little and I'm the asshole cheap friend.

Maybe plan on buying drinks and get her a gift card later if it seems appropriate?

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Anytime, BIGwilly. Use your best judgement. Just remember, she's a bartender...she gets free drinks all the time. Maybe some fresh bud????

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Ooooo! I like the way your mind works!

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I had a friend give me bud for my 30th bday a few months ago...BEST gift I received!!! I also had another give me some peach moonshine for Christmas last year...BEST gift recieved!!!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Mebbe a nug and a 375ml bottle of my homemade ginger mead?

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Now you're talking! Hey, maybe we should take this convo to PM...it's only us in this thread...LOL.

• Purza
    Purza

Third time is a charm! The art gift certificate is the best idea. It's personal, yet not too. No card needed, just sign your name. How good of a friend is she? From what you've described, $25 is a good number.

Before I even scrolled down to read the replies, the above was my thought. $25 is the right amount for someone you are not super good friends with. I generally get a $25 gift card to Starbucks if I don't know or spend a lot of time with the individual.

Purza

• Purza
    Purza

Before I even scrolled down to read the replies, the above was my thought. $25 is the right amount for someone you are not super good friends with. I generally get a $25 gift card to Starbucks if I don't know or spend a lot of time with the individual.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit