Guess Who's Getting Married...

by SixofNine 139 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

you too look so good together. please keep us all informed. yes, a reason for a party!!

a very good reason.

weds

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

OMG I've been away for quite a while! This is amazing and I'm so happy for y'all. PLEASE let us know wedding dates and details ASAP so that OFG and I can have a chance at flying down there for it! OH WOW YOU TWO ! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOUUUUUU!!!

Love,

gg/bg (and ofg - he's right here and I read him this thread - he said "FUN!" haha)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

HEY!!!!!

Congratulations to you guys.

Gee whiz I step away from this board for a few months and look what happens.

I'm really happy for you both.

Be well,

Chris

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Just heard the good news - FANTASTIC!!!

My heartfelt best to you both!

tim

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

HEAVENS!!! I haven't checked in for ages, I come to browse and look what I find!!!

Heartiest congratulations, Ms. Sparkplug Dear... and to your dashingly handsome consort!!!

LOVE!!!
    Baba Yaga

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Congratulations to you both. What wonderful news.

love you both

Lisa

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

OOPS, I'M A LITTLE BEHIND THE 8BALL ON ALL THE LATEST,,,
    CONGRATS ALL AROUND!!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, I don't even know where to begin. I keep seeing this thread, and all the well wishes. I am a bit overwhelmed and it is in my nature to respond to each person. I don't think that is going to work this time.

So Um. Thank you! I want to say thanks to each person and it may happen, but I am on this organization thing. Basically trying to not be such a wreck in progress...And I find that between that, being overwhelmed by your love, life, and being in love, I am running out of time.

But I give all of you big Hugs, Kisses, Smooches, smacks. squeezes and so many thank you's. Some of you I may share a few heartfelt tears with!

Now, if you think I am overwhelmed and don't know what to say to this thread...you should see Sixy!

How is it he says? ***ducks and runs for cover****

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Sparky - I just thought of something. Are you gonna walk down the isle to Shulamite Maiden?

Ok, Ok - Just kidding! I'm so excited I can't wait to hear all the wedding plans! So try to keep us up-to-date, that is as much as you can. It's been 21 years but I still remember how much energy and time it all took!

nj

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Thank you again everyone. It almost feels like having family.

Which leads to a little whine: my head has been in a completely confused state for the past several weeks, trying to figure out how to, and how much to, include (witness) family-- over and above my normal confused state when trying to plan anything. It colors the way we have to think about what sort of festivities to plan: do we have a small ceremony, and then a big party? Do we have a mid-sized ceremony, and then a big apostate laden party? Etc etc.

Baah, it has forced a painful epiphany for me: I don't really have my family anymore. I have much more ability to have family contact than many of you reading this, but in the end, for the important things, they just aren't going to be there. They are gone. And when they find out that Decki is an ex-witness, they are just going to be that much more gone. It probably wouldn't be worth it (for either side) to make special arrangements just for the one or two witness family members who might come.

Enough whining.

In honor of Ross and Diane:

Top 15 Signs you're at a Bad Renaissance Festival

---------------------------------------------------------------------

15) The castle and village are made entirely of legos.

14) Turkey leg bears striking resemblance to Cocker Spaniel leg.

13) Festival activities include "Ye Olde Wet T-Shirt Contest."

12) Eight minute drum solo in the middle of "Greensleeves."

11) "Belly up to the bar, me lad, for some grilled mahi-mahi and fresh California roll!"

10) Ye Old Glassblower makes nothing but crack pipes.

9) The meade is served in a coconut shell with a Fizzy straw.

8) Everyone seems to have attended the Kevin Costner School of British Accents.

7) Mosh pit follows the wandering minstrels.

6) Guillotine exhibit closed due to pending litigation.

5) Friar Tuck's pager keeps going off.

4) The Disgusting Ogre is merely an unshaved Marlon Brando.

3) "Tarry, wench, I prithee! Wouldst thou Macarena?"

2) Merlin the Magician's only trick is "Got your nose!"

and the Number 1 Sign You're at a Bad Renaissance Festival...

1) Jousting Crips & Bloods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit