Mr. Flipper's 80 year old Mom Survives Surgery,Witness Relatives Involved

by flipper 14 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Megs Momma and Blues Brother call it right.

These family members looked for a loophole in the rules and allowed their true selves to come out
    despite the cult training. That is a very positive thing.

Don't expect to be invited into their home. Still, widen the crack a bit right now by trying to expand
    on the current situation. Call and speak to them in friendly terms, using Mother's condition as your
    excuse. Don't try to get too much out of them, just be "normal" and allow them to do so.

I say this, because the loophole will close. They just might go back to being company loyal dubs,
    following the letter of the law. By that time, you will show them that you are not tools of Satan.

• tula
    tula

Glad your mom is recouperating well.

All in all with the relatives...at least it's a start.

They obviously have some conscience. Even if it turns out to be insincere, at least they had enough respect and caring for your mother to drop the BS for her sake and show some unity and caring.

Many JWs in your situation may not have had even that.

Be glad for the little things. Be happy that they did not cause a scene or tension in the atmosphere. I am sure your mother will heal faster with good vibes around her.

It takes conscience to put aside your own grievences for the sake of someone else's well being.

If they have this much conscience, it could be a good start for all of you.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I am saddend by what everyone told me that once I ended my religious discussion with my jw friend, he would only associate with me on a business level from that day on. I never though he was that shallow.

Well everyone, you were all right.

So to the Flipper family I say take the good, because I believe like all others here, it's just an act.

I am happy to see an excellent outcome. I would have liked to have met my grandparents, but they are no longer with us and it's been a long time since their deaths.

Well done to your gran.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I went through something similar when my FIL was hospitalized. My husband hadn't seen his brother in years (3-4) and was only given a polite handshake. At the time i was just the harlot he was living with. At the time, his sister didn't not acknowledge me at all. Some may have seen in my brief story that she finally came around a bit when she was caught sleeping with her underage boyfriend and had to get married!

They have all come around somewhat but only at certain occasions. This just sucks for me because my family as i've stated before is extremely close. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the future brings, or what the dub-ya tower decides to allow them to do.

• flipper
    flipper

Hello folks! Thanks for all the support. The latest , current update is my mom is now talking ! She broke out of it finally last night after about 75 hours of being under anasthesia, and spoke to Mrs. Flipper in sentences and she laughed when Mrs. Flipper asked if she knew her phone number to call my dad about it. So she is in good humor ! Still a little cloudy on numbers but talking good again. Thank god! Now to your posts.

BIGDREAUX- Thanks, Bro for your support. I am being cautiously optimistic about the positive vibes. We are just trying to be loving and supportive. Maybe that will help them see something for themselves, we shall see! Peace to you dude.

Ex-NJ-JW- Thanks so much for the hugs for my mom. She is a cool, personable, funny humored spunky gal. Not a fanatic dub at all. Mrs. Flipper gets along great with her so it's cool! So far, the relatives have been nice.

TARA- Thanks for your kind thoughts. I kinda doubt my brother would doubt the religion, having been at Bethel for 8 years and an elder since 1972- 35 years. But, hey, ya never know, I mean Ray Franz got out after how many? 40 years? I do feel lucky having both parents still though. Mom is doing better now, talking.

ON THE WAY OUT- Thanks for the good points! Just be concerned, decent, normal human beings and "expand on the current situation". I like how you phrased that! Good advice! God forbid, we don't want them thinking us dolphin people are" tools of Satan". LOL

TULA- They were very classy and decent. That's a good point that if they have that much conscience to put aside their differences temporarily, the perhaps it could be a good start.

WORLD TRAVELLER- It might be an act on their part, but you never know. I guess time will tell, you know? Yes, I'm glad my mom is feeling better.

4 MY LOVE- I have empathy for your situation. That is funny that your husbands sister got caught with her knickers down, and all the while was condemning you guys! Stands to reason, doesn't it? Go figure. Hopefully your family will get closer sometime, also. I hope this leads my family to do that too. Thanks for all your support guys and gals !! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit