More arrogance - don't they get it??

by ozziepost 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

***For some reason, I have a feeling these kinds of articles get them some sort of
    CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION status for tax purposes or government grants.***

Yup! That and "education."

I'm also convinced that the "By Awake! Writer in [name of area]" articles are in cahoots
    with foreign government-sponsored tourism agencies.

Can anyone say "kickbacks"?

~Sue

• Louie Schabow
    Louie Schabow

I always share this with my mother when she get a little self-righteous;

And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
    But a certain Pioneer, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, -
    And went to him, knelt and said "Hello I would like to offer you a free home bible study" to which the wounded man did not reply. With that the Pioneer stood up, shook the dust from his feet, and continued on his travel.

Take a look as local "sister" Lisa Spyker in Defiance Ohio and her personal efforts in helping the Tsunami victims -

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=176274&FS=IRL

HORNISH JR. HELPS WITH TSUNAMI RELIEF

Sam Hornish Jr. was in his hometown of Defiance, OH on Monday providing support for the Tsunami relief effort. The two-time IndyCar Series Champion was at a local coffee house, Cabin Fever, signing autographs for donations to help aid the victims. Patrons of Cabin Fever were asked to give a $5 donation for each item Hornish Jr. signed and all proceeds went directly to relief funds.

In addition, Cabin Fever is donating every cent earned on coffee, cappuccino, and lattes sold during Monday's business hours to the effort as well.

"We're very impressed with Sam," said Cabin Fever owner Lisa Spyker. "We just can't believe that he was so willing to help us with our relief fundraiser. He and his family have been so wonderful to work with, we're just so happy he was committed to helping the Tsunami victims. We expect a line of 'Sam Fans' out the door and around the corner today!"

Well I guess it just goes to show you a rule is only a rule as long as no one in the local hall is offended or there is money to be made. Perhaps Sam received a Free Home Bible Study for his efforts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit