More arrogance - don't they get it??

by ozziepost 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

AK-Jeff's thread describes the seeming arrogance of JWs. See http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/142729/1.ashx

Here's another, it's listed as a current topic from their magazines on the WT site:

“Do not forget the doing of good and the sharing of things with others, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.”— Hebrews 13:16

A group of Witness youths in the United States, ranging in age from 4 to 15, heard that their fellow believers in Africa needed Kingdom Halls. So they decided to take action. “We sold cookies and muffins at a yard sale, and we earned $106.54. We told people that the money may be used for meeting places in Africa where people could learn about the Bible. Many responded. It took us nine hours, but it was worth the effort—it was for Jehovah!”

Have you heard reports of fellow believers in need? For example, has there been a natural disaster? Try to imagine what it would be like to lose your home, your possessions, or even a loved one in death. The apostle Paul wrote that Christians should be “keeping an eye, not in personal interest upon just [their] own matters, but also in personal interest upon those of the others.” ( Philippians 2:4 ) Even if you live far away from where a natural disaster has occurred, perhaps you can make a donation that would help in the relief effort carried out by Jehovah’s Witnesses.*(to bre-build Kingdom Halls!!)
    There are other ways you can assist those in need. For instance, if you are one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, why not look around your Kingdom Hall? Are there any elderly ones or others who could use a helping hand? Can you help them with chores? The apostle Paul wrote to the Romans: “In brotherly love have tender affection for one another. In showing honor to one another take the lead.” ( Romans 12:10 ) When you see there is a need, then, take the initiative. Be willing to perform even menial tasks. And remember that serving others is closely linked to serving God. The Bible says: “He that is showing favor to the lowly one is lending to Jehovah, and his treatment He will repay to him.”— Proverbs 19:17 .
    Of course, the greatest way you can help others is by sharing what you know about God’s Word, the Bible,(what a cop-out!!) with them. Jesus said: “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” ( John 17:3 ) Now more than ever, people need to hear the lifesaving message of truth from the Bible. So continue to have a regular and zealous share in the preaching work, confident that “your labor is not in vain.”— 1 Corinthians 15:58

It seems they just don't get it!

Or maybe they do, and that's why they cover it up. Look at the 'teaser' for this article:

How Can I Help Those in Need?

Many young people today are getting involved in volunteer work. What motivates them?

See that? Yep, the teaser makes it seem as though they are encouraging doing volunteer work as we in the community might know it, but to a Witness, volunteer work means something quite different, a doing of good works within their own tightly knit community.

Is that really what Christ meant? People throughout the centuries have long since not understood it that way. Compare the story Jesus told of the "Good Samaritan". What was the point but that cross cultural aid was being described?

Did I hear the word arrogance?

• Scully
    Scully

You know the thing that irks me most is that these well-intended donations are just funnelled into the main coffer that keeps getting fatter and fatter, while next to nothing goes to help the intended JWs in dire need.

The WTS even admonished AGAINST directing donations to specific causes (tsunami or Katrina relief), but rather just put it all in the same pot and "trust us" to do the right thing with it.

I'm so glad they aren't getting anything from me.

• Quandry
    Quandry

A group of Witness youths in the United States, ranging in age from 4 to 15,

We have all been counseled on the dangers against "group activities." Where many gather together, there could be research done. Independent thinkers (as evidenced by ones who took it upon themselves to gather the group) may slyly question some of the WTS teachings, or make subtle comments about the NW translation of the Bible.

The WTS does not encourage the gathering of large social groups. There may not have been enough supervision. Some youths could have "paired off." Sexual activities could occur, thereby sullying the name of God.

I am sure that the WTS will give us some "new light" soon regarding this dangerous practice.

• journey-on
    journey-on

For some reason, I have a feeling these kinds of articles get them some sort of

CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION status for tax purposes or government grants.

Anybody that's ever been a Jehovah's Witnesses can SMELL the hypocrisy in

these articles.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their main achievement was to get the R&F to believe that serving the WTS is the same as serving God whereas the two are totally unrelated. They just serve a manmade organisation that is not in a position to give the rewards it promises for the work done on its behalf.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah my dad is the PO of the cong and he was constantly bitching about how bad and evil the red cross was........ cause when the dubs came in and tryied to find their brothers and sisters................ the red cross put a stop to it.

why you may ask? according to him if they took any people out the red cross didnt make as much money......... which is total horse s***. my wife worked with the red cross at ground zero and again during katrina (even tho they wouldnt let her go to new orleans and instead made her work with the evacuees) so she KNOWS what goes on with them. its cause the dubs only want their own............ and arent there to waste a dime on people who are obviously gonna be carrion in armageddon next week.

so apparently not only are they the only ones allowed to speak for god (or to him for that matter) they are the only ones worth saveing as well.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    The WTS even admonished AGAINST directing donations to specific causes (tsunami or Katrina relief), but rather just put it all in the same pot and "trust us" to do the right thing with it.

Scully,

When I was studying, the elder who studied with me said we could "earmark" our donations for a particular a need within the Org. I did that early in my Witness life, and received a letter thanking me for the donation to that particular area of need.

The very last donation I sent, in the late 90's, was directed toward a particular area of the world that had experienced disaster. The letter I received said thay would apply my donation to the area THAT THEY SAW FIT.

Obviously, that was a shock to me, and that was my very last donation, even if I was still active, it would be my last.

Warlock

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    For some reason, I have a feeling these kinds of articles get them some sort of CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION status for tax purposes or government grants.

I have that feeling too!

• Scully
    Scully

Howdy Warlock:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/112105/1.ashx

I haven't been able to find the actual directive in 2005 from the WTS that specifically instructed that donations intended for Katrina and/or tsunami relief were not to be earmarked for those purposes, but rather lumped in with the general world wide work fund, but it is mentioned in that thread. I'll keep looking and post a link when I find it.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

(Tongue and cheek) I am asking for donations for my up and coming Christmas party, this year I will have lots of Christmas cheer this time, I will have more shrimp platters on hand, now I don't want anymore bags of dinner roles last year I had throw most of them away they turned green and powdery. I will buy more Wheat Thins and canned cheese, the people went through that like crazy and olives the big one my friends kids love to put them on their fingers those little dickens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit