A "Man" in Spite of the Organization: ISOCF

by compound complex 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One can only hope, that sans a major exit from the organization, that someday men like Ray will dominate the GB arena and impart something that body has never seen - compassion, and something akin to Christian concern for all people.

They are missing the boat - locking the doors so to speak with such hateful and tight control. Not many wish to enter, and those who escape will likely never return.

Jeff [of 'one who flew the cukoo's nest' class]

• feelinsketchy
    feelinsketchy

You might be interested to know that Bob Lang was asked to leave Bethel, IMO because he and Ray Franz were friends. Last I heard, he is a PO in the Seattle area.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings and welcome to JWD, Feelinsketchy!

Thank you so much for sharing that tidbit with us, FS. Robert Lang and I were only nodding acquaintances at Bethel, as I recall. I got the sense, however, that he was overall a really good guy. Wish I had had the chance to become better acquainted with him. At any rate, his willingness to do the "good deed" at the KH follows him to this very moment!

Oh well! In the new system we'll meet again! [??????????]

CoCo Le Comique

• changeling
    changeling

Thank you for sharing that tidbit CoCo.

Having spent a lifetime as an elder's daughter and then an elder's wife I heard many a witness ask my dad or husband what would be the "right thing" to do. Some of the circumtances were clearly "no brainers" if you indeed had a brain (and heart) you were allowed to use.

Can anyone say: Pharisees?

changeling

• changeling
    changeling

CoCo: Is that Errol Flyn in your avatar?

changeling

• Tara
    Tara

I'm with Clam, but I have had the book for several months now. Just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. You have convinced me to read it next. Thanks.

• flipper
    flipper

CoCo- Mr. Flipper here. I wholeheartedly agree with your post. Great thread subject!! I have read Crisis of Conscience, will have to read ," In Search of Christian Freedom ", too. This man doing what was right because it was the right kind thing to do, is precisely why I fought so hard against my "alleged" disfellowshipping earlier this year. Glad I did, because they dropped the charges. They are so bound up with man made rules they have spiritual constipation coming out the ears. So it clouds any "normal " thinking they may even attempt. No organization with man made rules is not gonna tell me I can or can't talk with my 80 year old ill mother if I want to. They would have to literally kill me to stop me. And they don't have half the balls I do !! Peace out, CoCo. Hope you are doing well. I'll pm you. Mr. Flipper

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

C.C...What man of you, if his sheep fell into a hole on the sabbath would not go and pull him out? How much more is a person worth? I read Rays two books five years ago, thanks for sharing that one with us.

Blueblades. ( One of many "MEN" along with you here on JWD.

• compound complex
    compound complex

DTBBTTTIMHO

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bump.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit