Tired from it all

by WT=watchtrouble 12 Replies latest jw friends

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Do any of you here, ever feel that spending too much time on all of this is making you feel tired, drained and depressed? Even tho I don't post much I lurk a lot as I am naturally a quiet sort of person. But lately I am feeling like my energy levels are low because I am focusing too much on this. The damn WTS gets to you regardless. any thoughts

• Scully
    Scully

It seems to be a common experience that you're describing.

It can be both reassuring and overwhelming at the same time to come to the realization that our experience is not "unique" or an "isolated incident" as the WTS would have us believe, but in fact has been played out hundreds and even thousands of times among JWs in various places around the world.

It can be quite devastating and depressing to come to the realization that what we believed was the only way of salvation and the correct way of worshipping god, was merely a cover for a worldwide publishing empire intent on separating its followers from their money and from their life's potential.

It's ok to take a step back to catch your breath. Really. We aren't going anywhere.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Indeed it has taken up space in our minds, vital time, and precious energy from our lives. It has been a total waste, and is shame when you realize life is so short. If you were born into this you are really behind the 8 ball.

When the witnesses decided to power trip on me, with the support of my family, the devestation and change of direction my life took, at the age of 20, took me another 20 years afterwards, to master my anger, my loss, my pain, my disallusionment, my failed relationships loss of education. I'm still working on it too. It really is all encompassing. I could go on. Pedophiles, blood issues, social maliase from isolation from the real world etc.

It really is a disgusting crime. If this organization doesn't pay in this lifetime, I will get them back in the next. One effin way or another they're gonna pay!

After 40 life becomes more options reduction than options enhancement. I really don't want this to be the focus of my life, but you almost have to become a friggin expert and Guru to figure out the depth of how badly we've been screwed over by these peckerheads.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My personal comment could read the same as your initial post, except I do post alot.

Take a break for a few days to do other things.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Everyone needs a coffee break. Just take a longer one than normal!

Outaservice

• greendawn
    greendawn

It depends on your perspective I see battling against the WTS as a hobby as a sport but then I got out of their grip long ago.

• bluebell
    bluebell

just take a break from it all - don't even lurk, then you can come back and share your experiences of what real life is like to all us spending all our time on here!

I sometimes take a break too - it's good to give your mind a break, to let it go over all the stuff you have read rather than contantly giving it even more to dwell on. My mind then goes into overdrive and I end up tired and grumpy because my mind is going so much that I can't sleep.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Peace and greetings to you, Tired One:

I agree with all of the above. I was "accidently" logged off a month ago and got an unexpected break as a result. I lurked a bit and, of course, felt disconnected from all my new friends. But I didn't panic, figuring I'd return at the right time. Some friends posted about me so I figured it was time to get going again. And there were PMs awaiting me when I logged back on.

The beauty of being on JWD is that we're not being hounded and prodded and reminded CONSTANTLY of our obligation to produce. I finally got to the point, as a practicing JW, that I simply could not remain on the theocratic treadmill. I'm not totally out of tune with the concept of suffering as a Christian, but serving the Watch Tower ...

Take a break and give your heart and mind a rest whenever you must.

CoCo

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes I would have to agree with you WT, everything that you mentioned is dead on, you just can't keep on lamenting ever day on this omnipresent BS called the WTS.

You could also do a thoroughly deep investigation of other religions and be equally disgusted and maybe depressed on the findings, I wouldn't suggest it.

So continue on with other interests and hobbies, empty your mind of everything JWS , there are certainly allot more interesting things to look into than JWS

use your imagination.

Pursue your intelligence and knowledge and you will be richly rewarded

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

To my good fellow JWD mates, thanks for all your replies. I got busy so didn't come on here to see your comments. I agree that it is time I take a few days break.. I need to make worldly friends as I lost my dub friends. Need to get out and experience Life.

Thanks for your support, it's quite amazing how a website gives you so much support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit