perhaps this is naive of me-

by Younglove1999 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrow
    sparrow

that sucks hard. I say find new friends too. Real ones. There are no real friends in the truth while it comes first before anything else.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Younglove, I'm thinking youre a young person. You have just got a lesson on conditional love, and tough love. They stink. They are usually given by screwed up people. Consider yourself blessed as you got a heads up on the character of the characters you thought were friends.

Theres lots of fish in the sea. Find yourself new friends. It's not hard.

I dont look for any friends and people all the time want to be my friends.

Just be patient and they will start to appear. Then you can pick and choose.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Sorry for your pain younglove1999!

I experienced a similar situation. I was really discouraged and missing a lot of meetings. My "best" friends just abandoned me and started telling my other friends that I was bad association. The part that really irked me was that when they all went through difficult times, I was always there for them and never abandoned them. Then when I needed them the most they were no where to be found.

My words of advise to you is to let them know you aren't impressed by their behavior. Although it sounds like it won't make a difference in your decision. However, this helps you to understand the way the org. really works and will help strenghthen your resolve that you are making the right decision. It does get better, I promise!!

Hugs,

MMO

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

I would send a continous stream of postal mail on everything you've discovered about the problems of the organization and doctrine, to their homes. Make sure a lot of it is only info from the watchtower material so they don't throw all of it away all the time. Keep reminding them that they are in a false organization being lead by only male leaders & tyrrants NY.

You've lost them anyway, now try and free them.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Yes, just get on with your life and make some real friends. I had the same problem when i left, people who i thought were my long term buddies just dropped me like a hot potato when they knew i was on the way out of the org. Call that a loving organisation. What a load of sh*te.

• Quandry
    Quandry

The minute you said you were not going to meetings, flashes of light went forth and horns grew from the top of your head. The word DANGEROUS was emblazoned accross your forehead

One must have special rose colored witness glasses to see this occur. Your friend obviously had her glasses on. Dubs are even trained to "see" these occurences through the phone, if necessary.

Nothing you could say or do will stop this from happening. What you must do is stop upsetting yourself further by trying to reason with these people...........so sorry.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes thats the way it is with them, they have been programmed to snub you off, I think it goes you have been inundated with Satan's evil forces against God's organization

therefore you are deemed evil and too dangerous for any kind of association, sorry if thats incorrect it's been awhile..........it's a horrible cult isn't

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit